1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
The programme group Urban Planning (UP) of the Department of Geography, Planning and International Development Studies has a vacancy for a Research assistant. …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
- € 2514 - € 2640 per maand
The programme group Urban Planning (UP) of the Department of Geography, Planning and International Development Studies has a vacancy for a Research assistant.
We offer an exciting job opening in a dynamic, inter-disciplinary research setting, with the opportunity to develop research and managerial skills, and build professional, international networks. The ideal candidate has a master's in urban planning, geography, transportation planning, political science or a related field.
This position will be aiding the research of a current PhD student whose research focuses on (policy) learning processes of sustainable urban mobility policy and practices. The research empirically studies these processes embedded in three internationalprojects, two of which are EU-based. A more detailed summary of the research is available here.
We are looking for a research assistant who can:
- perform research activities such as statistical analyses, interview transcription, data compilation and processing;
- support administrative organisation, such as scheduling interviews;
- manage programme related communications;
- conduct literature reviews and organize literature in a database (ie, Mendeley);
- co-write reviews, project reports, summaries, blogs, project documents, and academic papers;
- where necessary, provide support during research process, e.g. assisting in training/workshops in programme cities, data cleaning, data analysis, developing visuals on the basis of research findings, etc.;
- where relevant, will (co-)organize and attend project meetings, working group meetings, dissemination events, and develop minutes of these meetings;
- provide administrative support, including managing Dropbox folders, sending out invitations to meetings, making practical arrangements for meetings, writing minutes, and making necessary travel arrangements;
- work together with secretarial, financial and academic staff of UvA/AISSR about contracts, expenditures, time registration a/o.
The research assistant we are looking for has:
- fluency in English, and preferably conversational in one other European language;
- accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- demonstrated the ability for critical thinking;
- the ability to time manage and work with deadlines;
- good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- well-developed research skills, both quantitative and qualitative;
- well-developed writing skills, preferable experience with academic writing for journals;
- a pro-active, demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- a flexible schedule (for possible international/EU travel and interviews across different time zones);
- experience/affinity with research and programmes regarding urban planning, transportation/mobility, or related topics;
- good IT skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS). Knowledge of online data collection software (ie, Qualtrics) is an advantage.
The position concerns a temporary appointment of 30,4 hours per week for a term of 12 months, with a probationary period of two months. Starting date is 1 February 2019, or as soon as possible.
Salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €2.514 and a maximum salary of € 2.640 gross per month based on a full-time appointment for a 38-hour working week (in keeping with scale 8, as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities). We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalisation, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
What can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with a variety of duties and ample scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organisation. The social and behavioural sciences play a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges faced by the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)? Visit our website.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive your:
- motivation letter (max 1 A4);
- example of written work (MA/MSc thesis, paper).
Applications should be submitted by email to Meredith Glaser, no later than 31 December 2018, at 24:00 CET. International applications can be accepted; however, relocation costs are not covered.
Interviews will take place between 7 and 11 January 2019.