Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Six PhD candidates in artificial intelligence for medical imaging
Are you passionate about artificial intelligence, computer vision and health? We are seeking six PhD candidates for our new lab on AI for Medical Imaging …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Are you passionate about artificial intelligence, computer vision and health? We are seeking six PhD candidates for our new lab on AI for Medical Imaging (AIM lab), a research collaboration between the University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (United Arab Emirates). The research lab will be focused on medical image analysis by machine learning, covering active scientific topics of broad interest, including both methods and applications. Those topics range from low-level vision and data pre-processing tasks, to high-level image/video analysis tasks. From a technical perspective, we will be working on fundamental and relatively general deep learning models and algorithms, which will be applied to specific diseases, including but not limited to Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and cardiovascular diseases. In particular we are looking for PhD candidates on the following projects:
- Project A: Medical Image Denoising and Enhancement
- Project B: Multi-Task Learning for Medical Image Analysis and Data Mining
- Project C: Shape Analysis for Object Segmentation and Structure Analysis
- Project D: Early Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease with Deep Neural Networks
- Project E: Cancer Diagnosis by Jointly Learning from Medical Images and Health Records
- Project F: Automated Report Generation from Radiology Images
What are you going to do?
You are going to carry out the AI for Medical Imaging research and development in one of the six projects mentioned above, as part of the AIM lab at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). There will also be regular visits to and interactions with researchers at the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence. At the UvA, you will be supervised by either prof. Snoek or prof. Worring, as well as an assistant professor we are currently hiring.
Your tasks will be to:
- apply and develop medical imaging and machine learning methods within the context of one of the six research projects;
- collaborate with other researchers within the lab and the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence;
- complete and defend a PhD thesis within the official appointment duration of four years;
- regularly present intermediate research results at international conferences and workshops, and publish them in proceedings and journals;
- assist in relevant teaching activities.
- A Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field;
- a strong background in computer vision and machine learning;
- excellent programming skills, preferably in Python and C/C++;
- solid mathematics foundations, especially statistics, calculus and linear algebra;
- you are highly motivated and creative;
- strong communication, presentation and writing skills and excellent command of English.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week, preferably starting at 1 January 2020 for the duration of 48 months. Initial employment is 18 months and after a positive evaluation, the appointment will be extended further with 30 months and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis). You will get a customized Training and Supervision Plan, that will be evaluated every year.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,325 to €2,972 (scale P) gross per month, based on fulltime (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: