Assistant professor / Associate professor
Are you an ambitious and outstanding scholar in the field of Digital Transformation and Future of work? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 6317 per maand
We are searching for a passionate colleague to develop our research program related
to Digital Transformation and Future of work. The position is for a tenure track assistant professor or associate professor, who will contribute to our ambition to be one of the top research and teaching groups in the field of digital innovation in the workplace. For this particular opening we look for a candidate with an ambition to conduct top-level research and teaching portfolio, with a clear focus on the consequences of digitalization for work at micro-level and with deep expertise with qualitative research methods
We are looking for internationally oriented, ambitious and collegial scholars who share our passion for the field of digital innovation and will contribute to our research and teaching. We welcome applications with a PhD in business administration, organizational sociology or related social science disciplines.
We seek to further increase our global visibility through top-level research on
technology and work. In terms of teaching, we offer a newly developed and challenging MSc Program in Digital Business and Innovation, with 150 new students in 2020. The program delivers in-depth knowledge on Digital Innovation, based on fundamental theoretical perspectives and with a strong focus on implications for (and collaboration with) practice. Furthermore, we offer courses on information systems, digital innovation, new ways of working, and (qualitative) research methods in the BSc programs in (International) Business Administration as well as the doctoral program of the School of Business and Economics. All our teaching for the BSc IBA program, the MSc program and doctoral program is in English. This position will involve, among others, teaching courses on qualitative research methods and new ways of working and organizing.
- teaching at the BSc, MSc at the School of Business and Economics and at the executive level in the programs of the KIN Center for Digital Innovation
- conducting and supervising research (including PhD projects)
- publishing in international top-tier journals
- coordination of courses, and (eventually) participation in project groups or committees within the Department or Faculty
- contributing to the further development of the KIN Center for Digital Innovation in its collaboration with the business community and executive education
- earned PhD in business administration, (organizational) sociology or related
- social science discipline
- an ambitious future research agenda
- demonstrate a potential to establish a successful track record
- demonstrate experience in teaching in undergrad and master program
- interest in collaboration with industry partners and active research valorization is an asset
ConditionsWe offer challenging position in an international and ambitious research group.
Depending on the candidate’ merits and career stage, the position may be filled as (tenured) assistant professor or associate professor. The initial employment contract for assistant professors will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%).
At the end of the second year a performance evaluation will take place. The Tenure Track Committee will review your file including the evaluation and advice on the continuation of your tenure track. In the fifth year, the Tenure Track Committee will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system SBE. For associate professor tailored contract will be agreed upon.
Gross monthly salaries are based on qualifications and experience and are set in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae including your publications, a personal vision statement (+/- 1 page) about research and teaching, and cover letter until February 1, 2020. We start inviting candidates from the application deadline onwards and the search will continue until the positions has been filled with a high-quality candidate
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Anastasia Sergeeva
Position: Associate professor