Job / Project Description: The section Educational Sciences within FBG is looking for a professor in the area of educational and family studies. The professor …
Assistant or Associate Professor perennial crops (Tenure Track)
We offer a position at the assistant or associate professor level. Perennial crops produce a wide variety of products (coffee, tea, rubber, cocoa, oils, …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We offer a position at the assistant or associate professor level. Perennial crops produce a wide variety of products (coffee, tea, rubber, cocoa, oils, fruits, pharmaceuticals etc) quintessential to human life and demand is increasing rapidly. Despite this importance, production of these crops lags far behind what is possible. Furthermore, global climate change has been projected to negatively impact production of most perennials and increased production should not go at the expense of natural biodiversity (e.g. destruction of- or cultivation in rain forest). Both public and private sectors are keenly aware of these problems. In spite of this urgency, there is still relatively little knowledge of the physiology and ecology of perennials or how they respond to environmental (climate) change. Research tools that are well-established in annuals still need to be developed or improved for perennials. Finally, linkages between perennial crop production, ecosystem services and other farm functions and local/regional value chains are poorly understood especially for smallholder dominated crops.
We seek a highly motivated plant/crop eco-physiologist or ecologist with a keen interest in and preferably experience in perennial crops.
The focus of the research is:
- furthering the physiological and ecological knowledge of these crops,
- integration of this knowledge in quantitative crop models,
- analysis of the perennial production systems (including agroforestry) considering ecological sustainability and climate resilience.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- a PhD in the area of plant sciences, ecology, physiology or agronomy;
- a strong publication record in top quality journals;
- well-developed modelling skills;
- affinity with environmental and/or socio-economic agricultural questions, and application of science for societal goals;
- experience in acquiring and managing externally-funded research projects;
- affinity and preferably experience working with public and private partners;
- affinity and preferably experience with teaching.
ConditionsThis is initially a seven year position in which you will enter the tenure track. We provide a stimulating environment for science, with commitment to help you develop in your career.
We offer you a temporary contract which will be extended if you perform well. Gross salary per month: from € 3.475,- up to € 6.438,- based on full time employment and depending on expertise and experience. In addition, we offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary. We give you freedom for your working hours and offer you the time and space that you need. A part time employment is also possible.
Additional informationAdditional information about this position can be obtained from Prof. Ken Giller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Niels Anten (email@example.com)
For more information about Tenure Track at Wageningen University & Research: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Why-choose-Wageningen-University-Research/Your-development-in-focus/Tenure-Track.htm
You can apply up to and until May 15, 2018
For this position, you can only apply on line: www.wageningenur.nl/career
The selected candidates will be interviewed by a recruitment committee. Don't email directly to the people mentioned above but use the website to apply.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature