Wij zoeken per 1 januari 2019 een postdoc onderzoeker, die zich op een praktijkgericht wetenschappelijk project wil toeleggen door NRO gefinancierd. Dit …
Assistant Professor in Landscape Architecture
We are looking for an Assistant Professor in Landscape Architecture (Tenure Track). The new Assistant Professor will contribute to enhancing the theoretical …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingWe are looking for an Assistant Professor in Landscape Architecture (Tenure Track). The new Assistant Professor will contribute to enhancing the theoretical knowledge base of landscape architecture and take a leading role in research on urbanisation and/or water related issues. The research part will be conducted within the research project 'Designing Systems for Informed Resilience Engineering' (DeSIRE) that is embedded in the large consortium of the four Dutch technical universities (4 TU). Within this project the assistant professor will work on the part of 'Designing resilient urban climates' (part of the 'Resilient Thinking' cluster). Within this cluster, different systems such as urban climate and urban water infrastructure are studied by various researchers of the consortium and the assistant professor will contribute to this cooperation mainly with 'research through design'. The project starts up in 2018 and is finished at the end of 2021.He or she will be teaching both in the Bachelor's and Master's study programmes Landscape Architecture and Planning (design studios, theory courses, supervising BSc and MSc theses). A new team member is expected to have a research profile capable of attracting PhD students and external funding, as well as to further improve the international profile of the Landscape Architecture Group.
In teaching, the assistant professor will coordinate and teach courses on urban design in relation to landscape architecture and other subjects. The assistant professor will supervise BSc and MSc theses and contribute to other teaching related activities. Furthermore, the assistant professor will take over some management tasks of the team.
the Assistant Professor to have the following personal competences: high ambition, academic attitude, creativity, broad interdisciplinary interests, a communicative and collaborative personality, and a passion for supervising and education.
In general, we expect the successful candidate to:
- hold a PhD in landscape architecture, urban design
- have experience in urban design
- have the ability to work with abstract concepts such as sustainability and resilience and translate these into design principles and guidelines.
- show a publication record and international profile in research on urbanisation and preferentially also on water management issues
- have substantial experience in design of urban water spaces and for urban climate issues in the city
- have substantial experience with 'research through design'
- have experience in interdisciplinary project coordination
- be an inspiring teacher with strong didactic skills and proven experience in course development
- actively participate in (inter)national academic, professional, and societal networks
- have excellent communicative and writing skills
- be willing to contribute to general tasks and activities of the chair group
- have excellent command of English
- have a basic command of Dutch (non-Dutch candidates)
a challenging career trajectory called Tenure Track in which you will be given the chance to build up your own research line. Training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated.
We offer a full-time (38 hours per week) tenured track position at the Landscape Architecture Group. Evaluation on job performance is every 3 years, and a positive outcome will continue in a fixed position after 6 years. Salary depends on knowledge and experience. Maximum salary amounts € 4.757,- a month (gross) (scale 11) based on a full-time employment.
For more information about Tenure Track within Wageningen UR look at:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Pieter Boone, interim manager chair of landscape architecture, email: email@example.com
Information about the working conditions can be obtained from Ms. Patty van Beek, HRM-advisor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position should be submitted before 21 June 2018.
Please do not send you application directly to Pieter Boone or Patty van Beek