Postdoctoral research position on 'Consumer adoption of personalised dietary advice'
Do you want to contribute to research on personalised dietary advice to help consumers make healthier food decisions? Do you have experience in studying …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Do you want to contribute to research on personalised dietary advice to help consumers make healthier food decisions? Do you have experience in studying consumer behaviour in the food domain? To strengthen our team, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher to work on the topic "Consumer adoption of personalised dietary advice".
"Me, my diet and I"
The postdoctoral position is part of the larger multidisciplinary WUR-funded project "Me, my diet and I". This project is part of the Strategic Investment Theme "Digital Twins", bridging the physical and the digital worlds. Within this project, you will be working together with experts from several scientific disciplines and contribute to new understanding on emerging data-driven innovations for healthy food consumption through personalised dietary advice.
The overall project's aim is the development of a personalized digital twin that predicts changes in the individual's blood values and provides personal dietary advice with an App to manage these blood values and hence reduce cardiometabolic risk. The app will take into account the personal response to blood sugar, blood fat levels after a meal, and factors such behaviour and personal preferences to give personalised dietary advice.
Within this project, the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour Group (MCB) leads the workpackage on consumer adoption and acceptance of personalised dietary advice. In this workpackage the selected candidate will investigate how consumers respond to personalised dietary advice and how personal preferences and advice features may play a role in adoption of the recommendations. Together with experienced consumer researchers from the MCB staff and Wageningen Economic Research, we will provide valuable insights into how an app for personal dietary advice can guide consumers towards heathier food choices. This project is part of the sub-program of MCB on digital tools for healthy and sustainable food choices (IT-supported consumer food choice).
You will strengthen our team when:
- you have a PhD in a relevant domain, e.g., (food-related) consumer behaviour, (food) marketing, health psychology, health communication, human-technology interaction or related field. Applicants who are in the final phases of finishing their PhD are also encouraged to apply
- you are skilled in quantitative research methods, including good statistical skills to analyse data
- you have experience in designing and conducting quantitative survey-based studies and experiments
- you are motivated to contribute to IT-innovations to promote healthy diets
- you have excellent writing skills and ambition to publish in leading scientific journals
- you have demonstrated ability to report scientific findings to both scientific and professional audiences
- you are motivated to collaborate with and work in an multidisciplinary research team
- you have an excellent English language proficiency (a minimum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
ConditionsAn inspiring position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2.709,- to a maximum of €4.274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10). We offer a full-time postdoctoral researcher position for 12 months. In addition, a part time appointment is negotiable (e.g, 0.8 FTE), in which case project duration may be extended.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented
- use the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationFor more information about this function you can contact the project leader dr. Ellen J. Van Loo, Assistant Professor, by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure you can contact Sandra Willemsen, Recruiter SSG or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support SSG via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including the 4th of June 2020. We want to plan the first job interviews, by Skype, on the 15th of June, 2020. The anticipated start date is October or as soon as possible thereafter.
- to apply, upload your CV and a 1-page motivation letter. Email applications will not be considered
- include the names and contact information of up to three references in your application
- a first selection will be made through review of the CV and motivation letter. Applicants selected for the shortlist, will be invited for a Skype interview.
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature