Product Owner Educational media
As Product Owner you are a key player in the educational media domain - and specifically video - in education. You are committed to continuously improving the …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
As Product Owner you are a key player in the educational media domain - and specifically video - in education. You are committed to continuously improving the products and services that the team is offering. Not only the products and service are important but you always keep the functionality hereof in mind too. As Product Owner you balance automation, continuous improvement, functionality, stability, availability, security, planning and costs. You are aware of your responsibility as team to manage and offer a stable and reliable set of products and services for the internal stakeholders: our lecturers and students.
Your responsibilities and work will entail:
- To maintain and expand a coherent portfolio of educational media products and services with regard to learning in an academic context. You develop this in close collaboration with the team members and relevant parties in the context of the WUR vision and policies on education and in the frame of the WUR educational ecosystem.
- To embody, operationalise and maintain the vision for educational media that has been developed by the team.
- To transform the vision for educational video into a clear roadmap and to prioritize elements of that roadmap considering both stakeholder requests and the team's competences, experiences and inspiration.
- To keep track of developments in educational media and challenge the team to match educational challenges with those developments.
- To proactively communicate opportunities for the use of educational media to other relevant teams and stakeholders. Simultaneously, you communicate developments within Education and Student Affairs and the University's IT department, concerning changes in policies, in budget and planning adequately to the team.
- Collect and determine the 'user story's' in such a way that their priority can be assessed. This prioritisation is reflected in the team's backlog and is linked to a feasible budget and planning.
- Continuously aligning the products and services of the educational media team with the various internal clients (users) to monitor the prioritisation, progress, quality and resources required. Where needed, you report to the various stakeholders and adjust when and where necessary.
- Together with the scrum/flowmaster of the team, you assure that the working processes are effective and efficient and communicate these to the stakeholders in the organisation.
- Create ownership in the team by supporting the transition of the backlog items from 'what' (user story's) to 'how', using acceptance criteria.
- With a relevant academic background and affinity with educational media and IT;
- With work experience in an institution for higher education;
- Preferably with a track record in product ownership or similar and aware of the duties and responsibilities of a product owner in a higher educational environment;
- Who has excellent communication skills, enabling you to articulate the needs of relevant users and user groups and translate this into a portfolio of appropriate products and services;
- Who can give well-founded advice to the relevant managers in Education and Student Affairs and IT departments, other support staff and teams and who is able to work in a set of heterogeneous teams of academic and technical experts;
- Who has (up to date) knowledge of and skills in media and (interactive)video in education;
- With an excellent proficiency in English (level C2 required);
- Who is able to prioritise and distinguish main and side issues.
- Affinity with educational support and the Wageningen domains of environment and life sciences is a plus.
- Competences: organised, pro-active, empathic, assertive, good listener, solution oriented, team player and inquisitive.
ConditionsThis concerns eventually a permanent position, starting with a one year contract with a possibility to extend.
Salary depends on educational background, training and work experience and is based on scale 11 according to the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten), ranges from € 3.746,- gross per month to € 5.127,- (1,0 fte). In addition, we offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary and a good pension of the ABP Pension Fund. Any future changes will depend on the content of the several tasks and the professional development of the support officers.
Additional informationFor more information about this function you can contact Erik Heijmans, head of the Education Support Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open until November 9th 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.