Research Project leader in Environmental Risk Assessment
The domain of the Environmental Risk Assessment team is to provide science based answers and solutions for integrative assessment and management of a …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
The domain of the Environmental Risk Assessment team is to provide science based answers and solutions for integrative assessment and management of a biodiverse agricultural environment. We are a world leading centre of expertise for environmental risk assessment in the area of pesticides, and other organic compounds (e.g. emerging chemicals). We take pride in our highly qualified staff (28 employees) and advanced laboratories, including unique outdoor test facilities. For our clients (GOs, NGOs, and Industry) we develop models and conduct experimental (GLP-certified) research, to predict the behaviour of organic contaminants in water, soil and air, and to determine their effects on ecosystems and focal organisms (e.g. bees). In addition, we offer consultancy and training on sustainable pesticide management in upcoming economies.
As project leader you secure the timely conduct, scientific quality of the output, and the financial results of your projects, which include field and laboratory experiments carried out under GLP. You collaborate with researchers who have varying areas of expertise, including analytical chemistry, ecology, statistics and computer science. You are the reliable linking pin between the organisation and the customers we work for.
You are someone who has:
- A MSc or PhD degree in environmental sciences, chemistry, biology or related science;
- Affinity with the field of ecotoxicology;
- Preferably 3 - 5 year experience in the role as project leader in multi-project surrounding;
- Experience and affinity with quality procedures, like Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
- Good communication skills in dealing with a variety of customers (GO, NGO, Industry);
- Excellent skills in speaking, writing and reporting in English.
- Entrepreneurial (we show courage and determination in creating (new) marker opportunities)
- Partnership-focues (we are focussed on collaborating, internally and externally)
- Reliable (we do what we promise)
- Flexible (we are agile and decisive)
- Trust (we trust each other and WENR's course).
ConditionsWe offer a challenging and international work environment characterised by enthusiastic professionals who perform in multidisciplinary teams. Depending on your expertise and experience a salary from a minimum of € 2656,- (gross) to a maximum of € 4934,- (gross) (scale 10/11) based on a fulltime employment. The appointment is for minimally 32 and maximally 36 hours per week, for a period of 12 months with a possibility of an extension.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- A structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- Excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- Flexible working hours and holidays;
- 171 vacation hours, with the possibility to purchase additional hours;
- Excellent pension plan through ABP;
- A lively workplace at the Wageningen Campus where education, research and business comes together.
Additional informationFor more information about the content of this position, please contact Maikel de Potter, Team Leader, phone: +31 317 484 445 (not available from August 26 - September 13, 2019). For any other questions on the procedure you can contact Patty van Beek, HR Advisor WENR, phone: +31 317 486 183 (not available from July 24 - August 16, 2019).
Does this challenge match your ambition and are you curious about the WUR? Due to the summer holidays the vacancy will be open longer than usual. Please respond to this vacancy before September 30, 2019.
Please do not send your application directly to Maikel de Potter or Patty van Beek.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.