Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Gemeente Barneveld - Barneveld
Portfolio & Risk Analyst
Portfolio & Risk Analyst gezocht voor AlpInvest in Amstterdam
- De Ruijterkade, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 0-2 jaar
The Portfolio & Risk Analysis team operates from Amsterdam and New York and is responsible for investor reporting, in-depth portfolio analysis, performance measurement, development of track record and assistance to fundraising efforts, benchmarking and research related assignments. In this capacity, the professionals are the operational contact point for its institutional investors and act as a sparring partner to management, the Investor Relations team, and investment teams, mainly on operational and performance related matters. The team reports directly to the CFO and takes on the responsibility for ad-hoc projects for the CFO.
The company’s client and product base is expanding rapidly. To manage this growth, Portfolio & Risk Analysis is expanding its team.
The Analyst role represents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team operating at the centre of the global private equity market. As a Portfolio & Risk Analyst, you will work in a dynamic and international team, based at the company’s head office in Amsterdam. You will be in close contact with all teams within the organization, providing you with exceptional exposure to all aspects of the private equity business: from fundraising and investor onboarding to the investment process and portfolio analysis. You will set up and update in-depth analyses of the firm’s portfolios, together with team members from the Amsterdam and New York offices. This involves dealing with large sets of data to create, manage, analyse, report and explain investment or portfolio information. In addition, the role includes focus on increasing the scalability of current systems and tools to accommodate the rapid growth of the company's investor and product base.
Roles and responsibilities
- Analyse the portfolio and its performance for the investment teams or investors – 25%
- Prepare track record materials and support fundraising efforts, generally focused on performance, exposure modelling and product development – 20%
- Prepare and automate monthly, quarterly and yearly portfolio reporting to the investors – 30%
- Design and implement new performance analysis methods and reporting tools, and improve business processes to scale operations for rapidly increasing client base – 25%
- University degree in Econometrics or Engineering (or similar quantitative background), preferably with supplementary degree in Finance or Economics, with strong results
- No work experience required
- Good command of English (Dutch language skills not a prerequisite)
- Strong analytical capabilities, Excel and database skills. Familiarity with programming is preferred
- Team player within an international environment
- Can challenge constructively while developing strong relationships
- Pro-active, structured, committed, with an ability to also think ‘outside the box’
Dynamic role in international private equity;
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be joining a (highly educated) team that is passionate about private equity and increasing the scalability of current systems and tools to accommodate the rapid growth of our client's investor and product base.
In addition to a competitive salary, our client offers:
- 13th month
- Development opportunities
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices across 5 continents. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defence & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
Company Profile: AlpInvest Partners B.V.
AlpInvest is a leading global private equity investor with over USD 60 billion of assets under management as per March 31, 2021. Approximately 75% of these funds are invested in private equity funds globally, including secondary transactions, with the remainder invested directly in companies as a co-investor (equity and mezzanine) in Europe, North America and non-traditional markets. The company has approximately 180 employees based in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York. AlpInvest is part of The Carlyle Group.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, “We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better.”