Postdoc in the field of theoretical biophysics
Leiden University, the Faculty of Science at Leiden University and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) are looking for a Postdoc in the field of theoretical biophysics
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 38 uur
The postdoctoral fellow will study the topology of folded proteins and nucleic acids using a newly developed circuit topology framework. He/she will have the opportunity to work on other theoretical side-projects on reaction networks and modeling mechanical processes in biology. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop a theoretical physics research line on molecular topology;
- Design and perform analysis on experimental data;
- Train PhD and master students and supervise their research;
- Present the results to team members and other associated partners;
- Write postdoctoral grants such as Marie Curie and LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme to continue working in our group;
- Contribute to grant writing activities to bring funding to the lab;
- Contribute to our education program.
- Academic degree (PhD) in theoretical physics, applied mathematics, theoretical chemistry or related areas;
- Decent publication record;
- Previous experience in polymer physics, mechanics of soft matter, or structural bioinformatics is a plus;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Good written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully work and get things done in teams.
We offer a full-time, one year term position, with the possibility of renewal for up to three more years depending on the availability of funding and the performance. Salary range from € 2.709,- to € 4.274,- gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: Working at Leiden University.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Alireza Mashaghi, e-mail: email@example.com.