As a postdoctoral scientist you will work independently on one or two projects that can be selected from a number of options. You will collaborate with and …
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Engineering Technology – Multi-level design of health interventions
The University of Twente and the Faculty of Engineering Technology focus on the grand challenges of the future. One of the key challenging areas here is …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3111 - € 4757 per maand
The University of Twente and the Faculty of Engineering Technology focus on the grand challenges of the future. One of the key challenging areas here is Health. A healthy lifestyle is key to people’s health and vitality, however in modern affluent societies, many people are unable to change their habits.
Within the Department of Design, Production & Management, there is a vacancy for a tenure track position in the programme “Pride & Prejudice - Tackling chronic disease prevention through real-life monitoring and context-aware intervention design”.The challenge
Central to the Pride & Prejudice programme is the combination of monitoring in real-life through sensors with development of design interventions at different levels of the system (person, group, society), and evaluation of the (long-term) effectiveness of these combined interventions. The position at the University of Twente will focus on combining design interventions at different levels of the system.
- You will work on the important challenge of supporting people to make healthy choices about what they eat and to what extent they are physically active.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your own research lines in frameworks and design approaches for multi-level health interventions.
- You will closely collaborate with experts from the department of Biomechanical Engineering and within the UT research program Personalised eHealth Technology.
- You will be involved in the teaching program of ET, in particular the Industrial Design (Engineering) bachelor and master programmes.
- You hold a PhD in industrial design, interaction design, design engineering, biomedical engineering or a related field;
- You have a track record in research related to design with preferably a strong publication record;
- You are enthusiastic about initiating fundraising to further built your unique research profile;
- You are a passionate academic and experienced teacher in higher education or striving to become so;
- You are able to build great relationships with colleagues and operate at the crossroads of disciplines;
- You have good mentoring skills to supervise BSc, MSc, PDEng and PhD projects;
- Your communication skills are excellent;
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world in an exciting collaboration between disciplines?Information and application
For further information, please contact dr. G.D.S. Ludden, email@example.com, phone +31-(0)53-4892920, or prof.dr. G.J. Verkerke, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +31-(0)534896473. You can submit your application, including a recent CV and your vision statement, before July 7th 2018 using the link below.
You will be appointed for a maximum of 7 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Starting salary between € 3.111,- to € 4.757,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.