Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanties is looking for a Project Coordinator for two EU projects. Interested? Read more and apply.
Researcher position (1 year) for the development and testing of composities under vibration fatigue
We invite applicants for a research position to further develop the study of vibration fatigue behaviour of composite components. Our primary goal is to study the failure mechanisms caused by fatigue. A secondary aim is ...
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
We invite applicants for a research position to further develop the study of vibration fatigue behaviour of composite components. Our primary goal is to study the failure mechanisms caused by fatigue. A secondary aim is to carry out experimental model validation. This research is funded by CleanSky2 and developed with the collaboration of The Institute of Welding (TWI) and Netherlands Aerospace Centre (NLR). Our project offers the opportunity to combine research on both experimental dynamics and composite materials. The development of experimental methods to perform cost-effective High Cycle Fatigue (HCF) tests is critical for several industries, as much as, the identification of fatigue parameters is for validation of theoretical models.
Are you ready to engage and contribute to developing smart testing and validation technologies?
As a researcher of the Dynamics Based Maintenance group:
- You will focus your research on Carbon Fibre materials and vibration testing;
- Your main target is to develop new ways to identify failure mechanisms and develop model validation methods;
- You are expected to perform high quality research;
- You will efficiently collaborate with industrial partners;
- You will disseminate results to public events;
- You will write technical reports;
- You will publish your research in international scientific journals.
- You have a Master's Engineering degree in Mechanical or Aerospace with background in carbon fibre composites and/or vibration;
- You can show expertise and a track record in Finite Element Analysis, composite design and make and/or vibration testing;
- We want you a creative person that shows initiative with a hands-on mentality;
- You are a problem solver;
- You are fluent in English.
- Are you up for the challenge to expand the knowledge of composite fatigue behaviour?
Information and application
If you have any further questions about this vacancy, please contact Dr. D. Di Maio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send the following documents before 24-1-2018 through the link belo
- a cover letter (maximum 1 page A4), emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivations to apply for this position;
- a full Curriculum Vitae, including a list of all courses attended and grades obtained;
- a short description (maximum 1 page A4) of your MSc or PhD research;
- contact details of references who worked closely with you;
- if applicable – a list of publications.
- You will be appointed for one year within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues. In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities the gross monthly salary will range from € 2.588,-- to € 4.084,- and will depend on experience and qualifications. Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and a number of additional benefits.
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: MIRA, CTIT, SBE and IGS.