Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant professor “Collaboration for Digital Innovation” (Tenure Track)
Are you an ambitious and outstanding scholar in the field of Digital Innovation and Interorganizational Collaboration? Please apply for this Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) position at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We seek to further increase our global visibility through top-level research on the organizing of digital innovation processes. Therefore, we are looking for internationally oriented, ambitious, and collegial scholars who share our passion for the field of digital innovation and will contribute to our research and teaching.
This position is for an assistant professor (tenure track) who will contribute to our goal to be one of the leading digital innovation groups. For this opening, we look for someone with an ambition to conduct top-level research and teaching focusing on the collaborative aspects of digital innovation. Relevant aspects can include, for instance, the challenges of data integration across organizational boundaries, the use of digital technology to address environmental and societal challenges, and the development of innovation ecosystems.
In terms of teaching, we offer an MSc Program in Digital Business and Innovation, with 150 new students in 2021. The program delivers in-depth knowledge on digital innovation, based on fundamental theoretical perspectives and a strong focus on implications for (and collaboration with) practice. Furthermore, we offer courses on information systems, digital innovation, new ways of working, and (qualitative) research methods in the BSc programs in (International) Business Administration as well as several courses in the doctoral program of the Amsterdam Business Research Institute at the School of Business and Economics. All our teaching for the BSc International Business Administration, the MSc, and doctoral program is in English. This position will involve, among other things, teaching courses on the Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation and the Management of Digital Innovation.
- conducting and supervising research (including PhD projects)
- publishing in international top-tier journals
- teaching at the BSc and MSc at the School of Business and Economics and at the executive level in the programs of the KIN Center for Digital Innovation
- coordination of courses, and (eventually) participation in project groups or
- committees within the Department or School
- contributing to the KIN Center for Digital Innovation in providing executive education and collaborating with the business community
- earned PhD in business administration, organization studies, industrial design or engineering, or a related social science discipline
- strong (quantitative and/or qualitative) methodological skills
- affinity with technology and interest in the role of data in digital innovation is preferable
- an ambitious research agenda and pipeline
- demonstrate a potential to establish a successful publication track record
- demonstrate experience in teaching in undergrad and master program
- interest in collaboration with industry partners and active research valorization is an asset
ConditionsWe offer a challenging position in an international and ambitious research group.
The initial employment contract as assistant professor will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year, a performance evaluation will take place. The Tenure Track Committee will review your file, including the evaluation and advice on the continuation of your tenure track. In the fifth year, the Tenure Track Committee will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system SBE.
Gross monthly salaries are based on qualifications and experience and are set in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae including your publications, a personal vision statement (+/- 1 page) about research and teaching, and cover letter until August 15, 2021. We start inviting candidates from the application deadline onwards and the search will continue until the positions has been filled with a high-quality candidate Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: prof. dr. ir. J.J. Berends
Position: Professor of Innovation & Organization