Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Junior researcher and lecturer ‘Citizen engagement in key enabling technologies’
Are you interested in Research in Citizen engagement in key enabling technologies? We would like to hear from you. Please apply to the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
We offer the position of junior researcher and lecturer (combining research and teaching 50% : 50%) on Citizen engagement in key enabling technologies at the Athena Institute. Athena is Work Package leader in the European SOCKETS consortium, which mission it is to enable industries to engage with citizens on key enabling technologies (e.g. nano- & biotechnologies, internet of things, blockchain technology) to align the development of these technologies with societal values and needs, expectations and concerns. The project brings together a mix of researchers, innovators, manufacturers, professional users and citizens to develop and experiment with a toolbox for dialogue and co-creation from the perspective of responsible innovation and open science. SOCKETS runs different test cases across Europe, from Denmark and Spain to Bulgary and Estonia. The Athena Institute’s main tasks involve an analysis of best practices to develop a quality framework, building the toolbox and monitoring the learning processes in dialogue and co-creation experiments. As a junior researcher, you will contribute to all of these tasks. The teaching activities are part of courses and programs coordinated by the Athena Institute on a variety of subjects amongst which science and technology studies, science communication and research/ technology ethics. The language of instruction is English.
- have a MSc degree, preferably related to science and technology studies, public engagement, responsible research and innovation, research/ technology ethics or other discipline(s) that shows an integrated social sciences and natural sciences background
- have preferably expertise in both qualitative and participatory research methods and you are open to transdisciplinary research work
- have an open and flexible mindset and affinity with the art of co-creation and dialogue
- write and speak Dutch and English fluently
- are a team player
- have some form of teaching experience
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until September 24, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. Frank Kupper
Position: Associate Professor