Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Applied Mathematics
You will establish an independent research line in applied mathematics towards the emerging field of deep learning in inverse problems. With applications in …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
You will establish an independent research line in applied mathematics towards the emerging field of deep learning in inverse problems. With applications in medical imaging physics you will add synergistically to 4TU Precision Medicine and the research portfolio in the imaging and data science domains on campus.
- You will conduct international high-quality research and will grow in a mathematical research environment with the aim of leading a strong research line.
- You should have an excellent scientific track record and are expected to attract national or European research grants to support your research line.
- You will teach Bachelor and Master level courses, supervise theses and will be active in the development of new courses.
- You will lead PhD students in combination with the departmental professors and have obtained (an equivalent of) the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or are willing to do so.
- You have a PhD in applied mathematics, or computer science with the core mathematical competencies mentioned above.
- You have an excellent publication record covering at least one of the following areas: mathematical imaging, inverse problems, machine learning theory, optimization or approximation theory.
- You are a good collaborator who is able to combine and extend current knowledge and know-how to the departmental domains including imaging and data science.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level. The University of Twente has an own Education model called TOM.
- You need an excellent command of the English Language. Willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The deadline for application is January 6, 2019.
For more information please contact dr. Christoph Brune, firstname.lastname@example.org and check the following websites
Math SACS group: https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/sacs/.
Data Science group: https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/ds/
4TU Precision Medicine: https://www.4tu.nl/en/news/!/84378/awarding_hightech/
Applications, including a CV, a research plan, and contact information of 2 references, should be uploaded via www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en.
You will be appointed in the tenure track for a maximum of 6 years. After successful completion of this track you will continue in a permanent position at the Associate Professor level. Criteria for evaluation comprise; a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire research funding and to achieve an international network and reputation.
During your career, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible. You will work in a young, strong and multidisciplinary research environment.
You will receive:
- Starting salary between €3.545,- to €5.513,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up vacation days for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 vacation days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal improvement programs, including a personal mentor.