Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Full Professor in Process Systems Engineering
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for a Full Professor position in the field of …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5582 - € 8127 per maand
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for a Full Professor position in the field of Process Systems Engineering (PSE). PSE is an interdisciplinary field, focusing on the synthesis, design, and operation of production processes in the chemical, refinery and energy sectors. More specifically, it deals with the development and application of modelling and computational tools to synthesize, design, control and optimize processes. These processes are studied by the mathematical description of the underlying chemical, physical and biochemical phenomena. In the current arena, with its sustainability goals, the process industry is bound to go through a transformation leading to new processes making new products based on new renewable feedstock using sustainable energy. This calls for PSE in the context of the energy transition of The Netherlands and transformation of the Dutch Chemical Industry.
As a Leading Professor in this position:
- You will spend your time on both research and teaching.
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but, naturally, a long-term goal.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position.
- You have an existing track record in this field of expertise shown by publications in high rank journals and strong evidence of high research potential.
- Potential ability to attract research funding.
- Good teaching skills and willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification.
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students).
- Good communication skills.
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- A covering letter and a complete list of publications.
- Your research and teaching statement.
- Two references we will contact.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
- You are welcome to contact Prof. Sascha Kersten (email@example.com) or Prof. Guido Mul (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions you might have.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from €5582.- to €8127.- gross per month, according to scale H-2. Your salary will be based on relevant work experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.