WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you an expert in business information technology, management information systems and business-IT alignment? Are you interested in contributing to the development of socio-technical systems? We are looking for you!
Wageningen University is a top-class university, ranking among the world's leading institutions in the food, agriculture and environmental domains. The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research on the topics of smart systems development, and system-of-systems engineering which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, data science, and socio-technical systems. In the last years, the group has rapidly grown and developed a solid research agenda on smart systems engineering. To further strengthen our research and education activities, the INF group invites applications for the tenure track assistant professor position in the area of Business Information Technology.
In a challenging career trajectory, you are responsible for:
Training and coaching are provided to accomplish all of these tasks.
- conducting high quality scientific research and publishing in reputed scientific journals;
- acquiring, coordinating and implementing innovative (inter)national research projects in the area of Business Information Technology;
- collaborating with colleagues and supervising PhD students, BSc and MSc theses;
- developing and teaching courses in the field of business information technology, management information systems, and data science;
- contributing to the further development of the INF group.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Business Information Technology. Further, you have:
- a PhD degree in business information technology, management information systems, computer science or a related area
- a solid background and experience in business information technology
- demonstrated research and teaching potential in management information systems, enterprise systems, or business intelligence & analytics
- affinity with current IT issues in industry
- proof of independence and international recognition;
- a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- active knowledge of English (spoken and written, a minimum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
For the position of Assistant Professor, we offer a gross salary of € 3637,- to € 5656,- per month, depending on expertise and experience (scale 11 - 12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) for a full working week of 38 hours.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a temporary versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
DO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr.ir. Bedir Tekinerdogan
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the procedure, please contact Karin den Ridder, HR advisor, e-mail: email@example.com
Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links.
Please apply online by uploading your CV and letter of application describing your background and fit to the job description before 15 September 2019
or via Academic Transfer.