We are looking for a lecturer (holding a Masters or PhD in law), aspiring to build a career in university education.
Within the Law group, our award-winning staff contributes to 16 courses in Bachelor and Master programmes concerning food, the environment, business and consumer studies, development studies, and tourism studies.
As a lecturer in our group you will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme at Wageningen University. We ask you to:
You will also be a strong team player. You will collaborate with colleagues and thesis students focusing on food law, EU law, and trade law. Above all, you are a social colleague willing to balance your personal interests with those of the group.
- Coordinate and teach the course "Legal Regulation and Management of Production chains", in Dutch. The course is aimed at first year Bachelor students in Management and Consumer Studies. It covers elements of Dutch private law, such as contract law and consumer law, at introductory level.
- Organize and coordinate the week-long "European Masters" course in food law (covering mainly aspects of EU and WTO law).
- Teach parts of the Bachelor and Masters courses the law group offers in food law (covering mainly EU and WTO law).
- Supervise and mark students' papers.
- Mark exams.
- Supervise students' theses and internships.
- Assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for law courses via Blackboard.
- A Masters or PhD in the area of law;
- Affinity with and experience in legal research;
- A passion for education and demonstrated enthusiasm for lecturing and supervising international students;
- Demonstrated ability to organise and execute multiple (educational) tasks;
- Excellent communication skills, both with students and academic staff;
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- A strong team player willing to contribute to the wider interests of the group.
We offer a creative and inspiring working environment. Initially, the employment is temporary for a period of one year.
This is a full time position (1 fte), lecturer scale 4 or 3 (Hayscale) depending on quality and experience. The gross salary ranges from € 2.588,- to € 4.084,- based on full time, i.e. 38 hours/week - Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. We offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr Nadia Bernaz, interim manager of the law group; telephone number: +31 (0)317 481 690; e-mail address: email@example.comApplication:
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your letter of motivation and your CV online via our online application button before June 15, 2018.