2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
The Dean of AMSIB is looking for a sparring partner when it comes to the operational state of affairs within the school. Due to the ambition of AMSIB and the …
- Fraijlemaborg, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 6317 per maand
The Dean of AMSIB is looking for a sparring partner when it comes to the operational state of affairs within the school. Due to the ambition of AMSIB and the increasing cooperation with Northumbria University, thinking along at strategic level is also of great importance. The translation of the ambition in the organization needs attention: Director Operations AMSIB (M/F).
The Director Operations will fulfil an important role within the AMSIB management team. S/he inspires and motivates faculty and involves them in the business school. The key priorities of the Director Operations are ‘managing the now (going concern)’ and ‘organising for the future’.
The Director Operations will be accountable for:
- Academic operations, including the exchange and international admission programmes;
- People management;
- The execution of the Faculty Development Plan;
- Building a robust and innovative educational organisation.
AMSIB is looking for a Director Operations who can balance the interests of faculty and organisational objectives. Therefore, our ideal candidate is someone with excellent people skills, a capable manager and a hands-on, decisive and independent thinker. The Director Operations reports to the Dean of AMSIB.
- Will be a member of the AMSIB Management Team and actively contribute towards AMSIB strategic objectives, translate the AMSIB Strategy into an operational plan and is responsible for monitoring and execution of this plan;
- Will be leading and/or working closely together with different teams within AMSIB and the Faculty of Business and Economics, to ensure the quality of the education provided and a smooth logistical experience for our students, including incoming exchange;
- Will be responsible for (managing) student intake, flow and outflow, and for the results of the foundation year;
- Will be responsible for HR and people management within AMSIB, i.e. HR cycle, faculty development and absence management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Master degree or PhD;
- Familiarity with higher education and the international business community;
- Experience in managing and optimizing complex (academic) operations;
- Strong and effective (people) manager who knows how to delegate and manage his/her own priorities and workload. S/he leads by example, is strong in providing and receiving feedback and combines business acumen with empathy and interest in people;
- Significant international exposure (living, studying and/or working outside your own country):
- Excellent written and spoken English (minimum requirement: IELTS 7.0 / CE1).
This position initially offers a contract for a period of one year with possible extension on completion. The work activities are part of the organic position of study programme manager 1 or 2. This position is based on salary scale 14 of the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO HBO). Gross salary per month: € 6.317,86 (max.) based on a full-time contract. The AUAS offers a comprehensive package of fringe benefits including excellent holiday arrangements and training opportunities.
The recruitment and selection procedure has been assigned to Wesselo & Partners and will be handled by Ms. Anja van Gorsel. The consultant will conduct interviews with potential candidates suitable for the position. The curriculum vitae of suitable candidates will subsequently be submitted to the client, based on which eligible candidates will be selected for selection interviews.
Nomination takes place by the Executive Board.
A reference study and assessment are part of the procedure.
If desired, a test for English language proficiency will take place.
Contact: Anja van Gorsel partner or Monique van Dijk management assistant.
Wesselo & Partners Selection as art
3584 BB UTRECHT
Phone: 030 275 84 47