Two PhD Candidates in Representation Theory and Special Functions
Are you an aspiring researcher with an interest in harmonic analysis? Then you have a part to play as a PhD candidate. Join the friendly and welcoming …
5 maanden geleden
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2443 - € 3122 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingAre you an aspiring researcher with an interest in harmonic analysis? Then you have a part to play as a PhD candidate. Join the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the department of Mathematics and help us conduct research in representation theory and special functions at the highest scientific level.
The Department of Mathematics at the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP) of Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) is seeking two outstanding and highly motivated PhD candidates to work on PhD projects that are part of the NWO-funded project ”Vector Valued Orthogonal Polynomials and Multiplicity Free Induction: Deformations and Quantizations’. As PhD candidates, you will work under the supervision of Prof. Erik Koelink and Dr Maarten van Pruijssen. The positions are funded for 4 years and have a light teaching load (10%). You will be encouraged to participate in relevant conferences, workshops and seminars, and to communicate your results through publications in peer-reviewed journals. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a PhD degree from Radboud University. We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
- You hold a Master's degree in Mathematics (or an equivalent degree), completed before the starting date.
- You have a strong background in harmonic analysis, preferably in representation theory and/or special functions.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Employment for 0.8 (5 year contract) - 1.0 FTE (4 year contract).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,443 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,122 from the fourth year onwards (salary scale P).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract) or 3.5 years (5 year contract).
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.