Assistant Professor for Diversity and Minorities (1.0 FTE)
You will work in the research group Minorities and Multilingualism, associated to the Chair for Frisian Language and Culture. We are a dynamic and international team of researchers and lecturers. You will prepare, oversee, teach and evaluate courses on Minorities in a Multilingua
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
You will work in the research group Minorities and Multilingualism, associated to the Chair for Frisian Language and Culture. We are a dynamic and international team of researchers and lecturers. You will prepare, oversee, teach and evaluate courses on Minorities in a Multilingual context, with focus on the sociological and anthropological dimensions of Minority Studies. You will work in a multidisciplinary programme, cooperating with sociolinguists and those teaching cultural studies. You will teach and supervise our undergraduate and graduate students. You will develop new ideas in education. You will work with colleagues within the programme of Minorities & Multilingualism (BA) and Multilingualism (MA). You will collaborate with other departments in the faculty, especially with Linguistics, Communication, and European Languages & Cultures.
We offer you a full-time position with 60% of your time for teaching (including administration). The 40% research time will be used to develop your own research line within diversity and minorities.
• you have a PhD in Sociology, Anthropology, Education or Social History
• you combine knowledge of Sociology or Anthropology or Social History with a Minority focus
• you have experience in conducting independent research in the area of diversity and minorities, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications; affiliation with educational topics in your research would be considered an advantage
• you have teaching experience and relevant teaching qualifications (such as BKO-Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs / University Teaching Qualification) or willing to obtain this qualification
• you are open to multidisciplinary collaboration, especially with sociolinguists and applied linguistics
• you like to work both independently and in a (virtual) multidisciplinary team, contributing to a high-quality teaching learning environment
• your strengths are organising, entrepreneurship and communication, meeting deadlines
• you have the ability to communicate and teach in English (CEFR C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking)
• you have knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn it within a reasonable period of time may be one of the conditions for tenure (CEFR B2 for reading and listening, and CEFR B1 for writing and speaking) within two years
• your willingness to engage with the Frisian language and context is also appreciated.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (scale 12) with a full-time appointment
• a holiday allowance and year-end bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• an appointment on a temporary basis for 5 years
• Dual Career Support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The appointee will ideally commence as soon as possible.
For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please check: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/
Additional informationDr Joana Da Silveira Duarte
Dr Sjoerd-Jeroen Moenandar
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature