Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor in Economic and Social History, with an interest in Environm
Where you will be working
You will be working in the Department of History. We are an active and international teaching and research group comprising some 45 people covering all the chronological and thematic fields within the historical sciences. You will prepare, monitor and t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 30 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
Where you will be working
You will be working in the Department of History. We are an active and international teaching and research group comprising some 45 people covering all the chronological and thematic fields within the historical sciences. You will prepare, monitor and teach (new) course units on Economic and Social History and Environmental History. You will produce research and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students. You will develop new ideas in research and education, and secure funding (independently or jointly) for future research. You will collaborate with colleagues within the History programmes, as well as with other departments in the Faculty of Arts (including within externally funded projects), with colleagues from Spatial and Economic Sciences and with international guest researchers.
You will participate in the Groningen Research Institute for the Study of Culture (https://www.rug.nl/research/icog/).
• you have a PhD in Economic and Social History, or equivalent, with a strong social scientific historical approach, an interest in Environmental questions, Big Data, and an emphasis on the post-1750 World
• you have at least three years of teaching experience and relevant teaching qualifications (such as the BKO/University Teaching Qualification)
• you have experience in setting up new course units at university level, you use inspiring teaching methods and you link your research activities to your course units
• you are an excellent researcher, as evidenced by a publication record in national and international peer-reviewed journals
• you have international research experience and an international research network
• you like to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• your strengths are organizing, entrepreneurship, communication and meeting deadlines
• you are keen to pursue research funding grants
• you are able to communicate, teach and publish in English (CEFR C1 level for reading, listening, writing and speaking)
• you have a proficiency in Dutch or are willing to learn it within a reasonable period of time (CEFR B2 for reading and listening; CEFR B1 for writing and speaking).
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- depending on your qualifications and work experience, we offer a minimum gross salary of € 3,637 (salary scale 11) and a maximum gross salary of € 5,656 (scale 12) per month for a full-time position (Please note that the offered position is 0.8 FTE and the salary pro rato)
- an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus and participation in an employee pension scheme. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants. We offer 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full-time position
- an 80% position (0.8 FTE) in which you will dedicate 60% of your time to teaching (including administration) and 40% to research
- an appointment on temporary basis for 5 years.
We comply with the conditions of employment in the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please refer to: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/
The appointee will ideally start on 1 August 2020
Additional informationProf. Maarten Duijvendak, Chair Economic and Social History
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature