1 dag geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Lecturers Artificial Intelligence programme (1.6 fte)
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has two vacancies for teaching positions in the programme of Artificial Intelligence of which the teaching staff is mostly associated with the Bernoulli Institute of Mathematics, Computing Science and Artificial Intelligence. In
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has two vacancies for teaching positions in the programme of Artificial Intelligence of which the teaching staff is mostly associated with the Bernoulli Institute of Mathematics, Computing Science and Artificial Intelligence. In the Artificial Intelligence bachelor programme, teaching is in English, promoting an international setting with a focus on active learning, which in the initial phase is emphasized via tutoring in groups (Learning Communities).
The duties of the Lecturers will include:
• teaching and tutoring Artificial Intelligence bachelor student in groups of Learning Communities, in relation to existing courses (Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Basic Scientific Skills, Artificial Intelligence 1) and newly developed courses (Introduction to the Brain, Algorithms and Data Structures)
• assisting in developing new course materials for use in- and extension of the Learning Communities
• instructing and supervising bachelor students who follow courses and perform related practical work and assignments
• instructing, advising, supervising and grading bachelor students during their final projects on topics in Artificial Intelligence
• recruiting, selecting and managing Teaching Assistants (students)
• participating in the programme’s outreach and informational activities for aspirant students.
The successful candidate should:
• have a PhD degree, preferably in Artificial Intelligence related field
• be fluent in English
• preferably have experience in teaching at the University level
• preferably have experience with embedded software development in Linux and programming in C/C++, Python and Matlab
• possess cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• possess - or have the willingness to fulfil the requirements of- a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO)
• have willingness to integrate within an international group and enjoy working with young people with various educational backgrounds.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience with a minimum of € 2,640 up to a maximum of € 4,166 gross per month (scale 10 CAO Dutch Universities) for a full-time position. This position is initially for one year. After a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension with another year is possible. For this position the following UFO job profile applies: Teacher 4.
Candidates can apply for this position by sending the curriculum vitae and motivation letter. This position will be vacant until a qualified candidate is found. The application can be send by clicking on "Apply" below the advertisement on the university website until 12 August / before 13 August 2108 Dutch local time.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationDr S.M. van Netten
+31 50 3638769,