1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position Circular Economy and Strategy (1.0 FTE)
The PhD position falls under the Sustainable Entrepreneurship in a Circular Economy chair group. At the moment, seven Assistant Professors and eight PhD students are taking part in the Faculty’s teaching and research activities. Key topics that we focus on in our group comprise t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
The PhD position falls under the Sustainable Entrepreneurship in a Circular Economy chair group. At the moment, seven Assistant Professors and eight PhD students are taking part in the Faculty’s teaching and research activities. Key topics that we focus on in our group comprise transition to circular economy, circular/sustainable business models, sustainable start-ups, organizational change, sustainable decision-making in organizations, and promoting sustainable human behaviour. Research within our group is both interdisciplinary (combining psychology and business for example) and transdisciplinary (working closely with regional firms and organizations on circularity challenges). As such, we value carrying out fundamental research with high societal relevance.
We are looking for a PhD candidate with a passion for interdisciplinary research on circular business models. Notably, together with your supervisors Dr Niels Faber and Prof. Gjalt de Jong, you will combine theories from the disciplines of psychology and sustainable entrepreneurship to investigate the process of how entrepreneurs, as leaders of an organization, could foster circular business models in an organization, and how they could design/implement successful strategies for these circular business models. In your research, you will initiate and maintain partnerships with practitioners and entrepreneurs who pioneer circular business in the region, and collaborate with them closely. You will publish the results of your studies in international scientific journals, which will be part of your PhD thesis. Moreover, you will present your studies at international conferences.
In addition, you will support teaching in various course units for the master’s degree programme in Sustainable Entrepreneurship, and supervise student projects. Teaching activities are under supervision of senior Faculty staff and embedded in the University “Start to Teach” courses as part of the PhD training programme.
- a completed (research) master’s degree in Business or Economics or a related field
- a strong affinity with or interest for the circular economy and/or circular business models and/or business strategy and/or sustainability in general
- a key interest in conducting inter- and transdisciplinary research
- relational skills for making connections with regional entrepreneurs/stakeholders
- self-organizational skills to plan, develop and present research
- good command of spoken and written English.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary of € 2,325 gross per month in the first year to a maximum of € 2,972 gross per month in the final year (salary scale PhD students), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
- an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus
- a position for four years; a successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the contract period is to be expected.
A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School of the Faculty. As part of the programme, the PhD researcher will take part in the Career Perspectives Series, which provides a thorough preparation on the career after the PhD, inside or outside academia. During the course of the doctorate, the PhD researcher will develop research and teaching competencies as well as leadership skills. For this, the PhD researcher will receive a tailor-made programme from the GSCF.
Additional informationDr Niels Faber, Daily Supervisor of the project
Dr Joop Houtman, Coordinator of the Graduate School Campus Fryslân
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature