Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Faculty of Philosophy (1.0 FTE)
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 6738 - € 6738 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
You will establish your own research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. You will participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of your discipline.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
Please note, concerning the position in the Faculty of Philosophy: application is open to female academics working in a discipline represented in the Faculty of Philosophy. However, in accordance with the strategic goals and the profile of the Faculty, expertise and experience in teaching and research in philosophy from the 18th-20th centuries is especially welcome; this may include the history of philosophy in connection with the history of science/history of philosophy of science during this period.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD in philosophy
- experience and proven success in teaching, preferably on philosophy from the 18-20th century, in a variety of class types and sizes
- a strong publication record, appropriate to career stage
- concrete plans for a future grant proposal (ERC or NWO)
- a willingness to contribute to the Department and Faculty through research collaboration and active participation in educational and administrative activities
- organizational skills
- international network
- a willingness to learn the Dutch language, with the aim of reaching European standard B2 within three years so that the candidate is able to communicate with faculty, staff, and students in Dutch.
- a willingness to take up residence in or near the city of Groningen is preferable
- the University of Groningen requires teaching staff to attain the University Teaching Qualification; a successful applicant lacking this qualification (or equivalent) is expected to obtain it within two years, by attending courses at the University.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a Tenure Track position leading to full professor
- a salary for Assistant Professor based on your qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 5,039 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,738 (scale 14)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- an employee pension scheme
- paid maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE).
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/dual-career-support/ .
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/career-opportunities/tenuretrackpolicymemorandum2017.pdf
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11:59 pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
1. a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications (CV attachment)
2. a letter of motivation (Letter of motivation attachment)
3. a 3-5 page statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals, with potential to be submitted to a funding agency (Extra attachment)
4. a list of max. five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (Extra attachment 2)
5. the names and contact information (including email address) of three referees, and teaching evaluations if available (Extra attachment 3).
A shortlist of candidates will be made in June; letters of recommendation will only then be solicited; skype interviews will take place at the end of June/early July. Site visits are scheduled for Sept.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Lodi Nauta, Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and Chair of the searching committee
+31 503632548 secr.