Two PhD positions: Tailored behavioural interventions to stimulate energy efficiency in residential homes
2 dagen geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Theory of Computation at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will perform research on fundamental computing paradigms, formal modelling of
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Theory of Computation at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will perform research on fundamental computing paradigms, formal modelling of communicating systems, algorithmic and computational complexity, in relation to new (neuromorphic) computing architectures. Within theory of computation, broadly construed, novel approaches and programming models are needed to design and program neuromorphic and cognitive systems but also to rigorously certify their reliability, correctness, and efficiency. Complementary areas in the scope of this position include: programming languages, logic, dependability, automated verification, design and analysis of algorithms, security and privacy, multi-agent systems. The position will be embedded in the Fundamental Computing group of the Bernoulli Institute, with strong interactions with artificial intelligence, mathematics and materials science.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.