Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Full Professor of Practice and Theory of Research in the Visual Arts
The Academy of Creative and Performing Arts (ACPA) of Leiden University is looking for a Full Professor of Practice and Theory of Research in the Visual Arts
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
ACPA is a research institute of the Faculty of Humanities, and is part of the intensive collaboration between Leiden University and the University of the Arts The Hague.
- Provides stimulating supervision (as main or co-supervisor) for PhD research, directs PhD tracks and manages supervision teams comprising artists and theoreticians;
- Shapes the constantly evolving teaching and supervision programme, which has a distinctive status in an international context;
- Fulfils a bridging function between Leiden University and the University of the Arts The Hague, specifically its Royal Academy of Art;
- Is involved in education in the field of research in the visual arts at BA, MA and PhD level, within both Leiden University and the University of the Arts The Hague;
- Initiates and conducts original research at international level;
- Actively connects with other research within Leiden University that is relevant for artistic research, both within the Humanities and in other faculties;
- Contributes to the discourse on research in the arts at national and international level, thus also contributing to the development of the vision of research in the arts within ACPA;
- Is prepared to take on administrative, organisational and management tasks.
The candidate we are seeking:
- Has a PhD in a field relevant for this chair;
- Has an overview of contemporary practice in the visual arts and design in a historic perspective, and has broad experience with working with contemporary artists and designers;
- Has demonstrable experience in and knowledge of the field of higher arts education and academic education and research;
- Is abreast of the international discourse on artistic research and has well-developed views about artistic research that are consistent with those of ACPA;
- Has the skill to recognise the potential of research proposals that can lead to successful completion;
- Holds a clear and recognisable position in the art world;
- Has a large national and international network of artists and theoreticians who can act as potential supervisors and reviewers of research;
- Has the ability both to lead and to collaborate and has experience with acquiring external research funding;
- Has an excellent command of both Dutch and English; non-Dutch-speaking candidates should bear in mind that the professor will be expected to have acquired a good command of the Dutch language within a period of two years, Dutch being the operational language within Leiden University.
The professor will be given an employment contract with the University of the Arts The Hague for 1.0 FTE. The appointment will be for a period of five years with an evaluation after one year and with the prospect of a permanent contract. The starting date will be 1 February 2022. Within this appointment, 0.7 will be as a full professor at Leiden University on the basis of a ‘(guest) ‘professor-agreement’. In addition, 0.3 FTE will be a lectorate at the University of the Arts The Hague. The gross monthly salary based on a full-time appointment is a minimum of € 5,797.43 up to a maximum of € 8,225.67, in line with the Collective Labour Agreement for universities of applied sciences (CAO-HBO) and depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate. The appointment as lector at the University of the Arts is based on D-4, article 2 of the CAO-HBO. The University of the Arts The Hague has excellent employment benefits, including a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
Leiden University and the University of the Arts The Hague aim to achieve a diverse staff body. In order to achieve a more even gender balance in the ACPA team of professors, female and gender-fluid candidates are expressly encouraged to apply.
Further information about the vacancy can be obtained from Erik Viskil, Academic Director of ACPA, email email@example.com.