PhD / Researcher
The Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies has a vacancy for a position as PhD / Researcher
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Engage in supervised scientific research that will ultimately result in a doctoral thesis;
- Carry out a systematic review of scholarly and policy material related to the PhD topic;
- Submit research output for publication in peer-reviewed international academic journals;
- Participate in the educational, research related and administrative activities of the Grotius Centre, including the Bachelor courses in international law (in Dutch and English).
- Excellent command of Dutch and English;
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in law, with demonstrated knowledge of public international law. Previous research or working experience in this area is an asset;
- Demonstrated research skills, as evidenced by a Master thesis and/or relevant publications in scientific journals;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong dedication and commitment to the goals and objectives of the Centre, including a willingness to assist with undergraduate and LLM teaching. Previous teaching experience is an asset;
- A high sense of initiative, and the ability and willingness to work collaboratively and collegially in a team.
The successful applicant will be appointed for a fixed-term period of 4 years. Continuation after the first year is dependent upon an evaluation. The gross monthly salary will range from € 2.325,- per month in the first year, gradually rising to € 2.972,- in the final year (pay scale in accordance with the Collective Agreement of Dutch Universities for academic personnel).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More information can be found at our website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Sophie Mercer, email email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature