Postdoc in the fields of single molecule & single cell biophysics
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) are looking for a Postdoc in the fields of single molecule & single cell biophysics
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The postdoctoral fellow will design and perform various single-molecule experiments to understand folding dynamics of (native and/or engineered) biomolecules and to address key questions in disease biology. The projects are related to our previous research on protein folding, polymer physics, and molecular topology. In this research, the postdoctoral fellow will combine experimental and theoretical/computational approaches.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Further develop our single molecule research lines;
- Design and perform experiments and data analysis;
- Deliver the required items according to the timeplan of the supporting funding agency;
- Train PhD and master student and supervise their research;
- Presentation of the results to team members and other associated partners;
- Contribution to grant writing activities to bring funding to the lab;
- Contribution to our education program.
The ideal candidate should fulfill (most of) the following criteria:
- An academic degree (PhD) in physics, biophysics, structural biology or related areas;
- Decent publication record including several first author papers and at least one high impact publication (first or co-first author);
- Experience with single-molecule methods or protein/polymer modeling approaches is a plus;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Good written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully work and get things done in teams.
We offer a full-time, one year term position, with the possibility of renewal for up to three more years depending on the availability of funding and the performance. Salary range from € 2.790,- to € 4.402,- gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. Additional budget allows for research visits abroad and attendance of international conferences. More at Overview of terms and conditions of employment - Leiden University