Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD candidate in Explainable AI
The Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering (DKE) at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, is looking for a PhD candidate to work on Explainable AI.
In a world of increasing number of choices, recommender systems suggest items for people to try or buy. Increasingly these include social recommendation such as recommendations of people (e.g., in domains such as jobs, dating, and micro-lending), as well as content on social networks based on credibility of people.
This candidate will apply and improve current explainable algorithms that consider fairness in these domains and evaluate the effectiveness of these explanations with end users.
- Paul-Henri Spaaklaan, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The position is embedded in the current Explainable and Reliable Artificial Intelligence (ERAI) group of DKE. The group consists of Associate & Assistant Professors, postdoctoral researchers, PhD candidates and master/bachelor students. The ERAI group works together closely on a day-to-day basis, to exchange knowledge, ideas, and research advancements. We conduct both fundamental and applied research, with a focus on explainable Artificial Intelligence.
The PhD candidate will also benefit from a strong industry and (both national and international) research network such as PIs involvement with a Marie-Curie European International Training Network on Interactive Natural Language Technology for Explainable Artificial Intelligence (NL4XAI https://nl4xai.eu/), where 11 other early stage researchers are working on explanations.
The full-time position is offered for a duration of four years, with yearly evaluations.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- perform scientific research in explainable AI as described above;
- publish results at (international) conferences and in international journals;
- collaborate with other group and faculty members;
- assist with educational tasks (e.g., assist courses, supervise Master students and internships).
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, artificial intelligence, or equivalent;
- Interest in learning user-centered evaluation methodologies;
- Demonstrated (e.g. through publications, code, projects, etc.) interest and experience with the fields of explainable AI, and at least one of machine learning, recommender systems, argumentation, or computational measures of fairness.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate in an international setting.
A PhD appointment lasts four years (first year + three years after receiving a positive evaluation), with yearly evaluations.
The salary will be set in PhD salary scale of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (€2.395 gross per month in first year to €3.061 in the fourth and final year). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. Non-Dutch applicants could be eligible for a favorable tax treatment (30% rule).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature