Professor of International Tax Law (1,0 FTE)
The Faculty of Law, Department of Tax Law, has a vacancy for a full-time Professor specialised in International Tax Law.
- Bouillonstraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5843 - € 8508 per maand
The core responsibilities of the Professor of International Tax Law are:
- to teach, together with a team of dedicated staff, courses in international tax law at both the Master’s and Bachelor’s level. The candidate will be operating within Maastricht’s international (English taught) classroom;
- to carry out high level research within the Department of Tax Law and the Maastricht Centre for Taxation (MCT), whose two research lines are ‘Cross-border business and tax competition’ and ‘Taxation of cross-border employment and pensions’. The Professor will also join the Ius Commune Research School where tax law research covers, inter alia, the EU’s international tax policies and initiatives. Supervision of PhD candidates will be an essential part of activities;
- to take part in committees and management at both the Department and Faculty level.
Further information is included in the chair’s profile that can be downloaded here: https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/file/profileprofessorofinternationaltaxlawpdf.
The Professor of International Tax Law is expected to have:
- a PhD in (tax) law or (business) economics;
- an excellent academic track record in the field of international tax law;
- affinity with European tax law;
- experience in academic teaching; any official teaching qualification recognised by a home university would be of benefit;
- proven ability to work within a team;
- an open-mindedness to allow junior staff sufficient leeway to engage in their own endeavours;
- leadership capabilities and a proven ability to fulfil management functions;
- international research networks and established collaborations;
- fluency in written and spoken English (C1 or C2 level) and a willingness to master Dutch in due time.
The initial appointment will be for a five-year contract, to be extended to a permanent contract upon a positive review. Remuneration will be according to standard salary levels, depending on years of relevant working experience at the required level. The Professor 2 salary scale will apply (between € 5,843 and a maximum of € 8,508 gross per month, based on a fulltime employment contract) according to the collective labour agreement of Dutch Universities, with an additional 8% holiday pay and an 8,3% end of year payment. (This translates to a gross annual compensation ranging from € 81,544 to € 118,737.)
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
For further information regarding this vacancy you can contact the chair of the Department of Tax Law, Prof. Raymond Luja (Raymond.Luja@maastrichtuniversity.nl) or the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Prof. Jan Smits (email@example.com).
Applicants should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and publication list to Pzfdrvacatures@maastrichtuniversity.nl no later than Sunday 24 October 2021 under reference of the vacancy number (AT2021.357).
The first round of selection interviews will take place online on 29 November 2021. The second round will take place on campus on 14 December2021.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature