Assistant/Associate Professor in PDE and Data Analysis
Are you a highly motivated researcher with an outstanding track record in Mathematics and its Applications in Science and Engineering?We offer a position at …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 6940 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingAre you a highly motivated researcher with an outstanding track record in Mathematics and its Applications in Science and Engineering?
We offer a position at the interface of PDE and Data Analysis in the Applied Analysis group of the SACS cluster within the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Twente (UT).
You will actively develop your mathematical profile and seek connections between fundamental mathematical theory of partial differential equations, inverse problems, and the rising area of geometric deep learning.
You show great passion in applying your novel methods to inverse problems in imaging or engineering applications driven by physics-informed machine learning for example within the multi-disciplinary research contexts at the UT, like the Digital Society Institute, the Technical Medical Centre or the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology. You will be involved in the teaching program of the Department of Applied Mathematics at the Bachelor and Master level, and transfer your specific expertise to the master program. During the first three years, you will acquire the University Teaching Qualification.
- You have acquired a PhD degree and have a strong affinity with- and training in the mathematics of data science, inverse problems, numerical analysis and/or scientific computing;
- You are passionate about innovative research, illustrated by publications in international journals;
- Ideally, your core interest and expertise relate to one or both of the following areas:
(2) the development of novel tools for deep data analysis and mathematical approaches to deep learning, e.g. involving graph-based methods for unsupervised and semi-supervised learning, spectral analysis, uncertainty quantification and consistency analysis;
- You are ready to take up the challenge to acquire research grants, either via personal schemes, such as within the NWO Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI/VIDI/VICI) and the European Research Council, or in collaboration with others;
- You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues from other disciplines;
- You have experience with teaching, advising and inspiring students.
ConditionsYou will be appointed fulltime for one year as Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications. Part-time (e.g. 32 hours) is negotiable. Near the end of this year, you will be subject to a job performance evaluation. If the result is positive and the circumstances of the organization remain the same, the contract will be converted into a permanent contract. Criteria for evaluation comprise a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire funding and to achieve an international network and reputation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 6.940 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant background and experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- We offer excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance;
- A solid pension scheme.
Additional informationPlease submit your application till Aug 15, 2021, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A list of publications;
- A research and teaching statement;
- Three names of potential references.
The interviews will take place online and are currently scheduled for September 2. If you are not available on that day, please mention it in your application.
You are welcome to contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Brune (phone +31 534893384, email firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions you might have.