Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Assistant/Associate Professor in Quanto-opto electronics
Within the Faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the research clusters of Nano Electronic Materials & Thin Films and Applied Nano Photonics are …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Within the Faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the research clusters of Nano Electronic Materials & Thin Films and Applied Nano Photonics are joining forces in the search for an enthusiastic
Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Experimental Opto-Electronics.
The energy consumption of the worldwide ICT infrastructure has been growing for decades and shows no sign of slowing down. In order to reverse this trend, it is of utmost importance to find novel energy-efficient ways to process and store data.
We seek to attack this challenge by devising new nanostructures and materials for opto-electronic data manipulation. Examples include single-photon transistors, electrically driven quantum plasmonic switches, memristive technologies and topological quantum photonic circuits. These devices often depend critically on quantum-electronic and quantum-optical principles.
In this endeavor, we have a vacancy for an Assistant/Associate professor in a tenure track position with a track record of experimental research on advanced electronic and/or nanophotonic materials, as well as device physics of relevance for energy-efficient information processing.
The University of Twente provides an excellent environment for this research. It has a world-class cleanroom with state-of-the-art nanofabrication and characterization technologies. Materials physics, electronic devices and nanophotonics are among the key focus areas in our Applied Physics department. There is an active quantum research community at the UT. Novel concepts for low-power information technologies are being developed, in part inspired by the brain (the UT Brains Centre). Monolithic and hybrid integration of active and passive integrated photonic components is an important research topic in Twente.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor:
- Your main activities will be in research and teaching, a reduced teaching load in the first years is the norm;
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this positon;
- You have an existing track record in this field of expertise shown by publications in high rank journals or strong evidence of high research potential;
- Proven capability in attracting research funding;
- You are a team player;
- Good teaching skills, willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification;
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students);
- Good communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch);
Information and application
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- your research and teaching statement.
You are welcome to contact:
prof.dr. P.W.H. Pinkse, email@example.com
prof.dr.ir. J.W.M. Hilgenkamp, firstname.lastname@example.org
prof.dr.ir. H.J.W. Zandvliet, email@example.com
for any questions you might have.
Applications should be send in before 20 October 2019.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- You will be appointed fulltime in a temporary position with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to €5656,-(scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme