Assistant Professor in Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
Teaching Courses taught by the department of MS3 are pillars in the BSc and MSc programs in Mechanical Engineering at the faculty of Engineering Technology of …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4852 per maand
Courses taught by the department of MS3 are pillars in the BSc and MSc programs in Mechanical Engineering at the faculty of Engineering Technology of the University of Twente, as well as of a BSc program being setup in collaboration with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
You will support the educational responsibilities of the department of MS3. At the beginning of the appointment there will be strong emphasis on educational tasks within the newly developed BSc Mechanical Engineering program in co-operation with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). This comprises predominantly organizing and teaching of relevant courses on Mechanics and Optomechanics in the Bachelor phase, although contributions in the Master phase, such as Optics, will be welcome as well. Furthermore, other teaching activities are required such as guest lectures, tutoring and helping out in examinations of student projects.Research
The MS3 department covers a broad research portfolio where Intelligent Manufacturing Systems plays an essential role. Much of the research performed increasingly requires a deeper understanding of the physical phenomena governing the manufacturing processes and the disturbances negatively affecting the quality of the parts and components being produced. You will be hosted by the Chair of Laser Processing, within the department of MS3. Your research will be focused on laser-based manufacturing - and especially additive manufacturing - is identified as a Key Enabling Technology (KET), which will open new ways of producing more goods with fewer raw materials, less energy and less waste. You will develop new and existing employ optical measurement techniques, such as high resolution and temporal imaging, shadowgraphy and spectroscopy to unveil underlying physical phenomena of the governing physical processes, in order to optimize the processes. You will be at the heart of these developments providing adequate physical modelling and experimental activities in co-operation with the various research chairs involved to further strengthen the research of the department of MS3.
You are an enthusiastic teacher and an independent researcher who can identify relevant research questions in this context, plan and execute theoretical as well as experimental research and publish the findings in renowned journals. Co-operation with adjoining chairs within and outside the department of MS3 related to education and research is highly encouraged.Requirements
- You hold a MSc in Mechanical Engineering and hold a PhD in Applied Laser Technology, Photonics or Manufacturing or a related discipline with proven skills on development of innovative and intelligent (laser-based) manufacturing techniques;
- You have good teaching skills and you have obtained (an equivalent of) the University Teaching Qualification or you are willing to obtain this;
- You have good coaching skills (BSc, MSc, PDEng and PhD students);
- You have proven skills and capabilities in physical modeling an experimental validation;
- You have a broad research interest to support development of manufacturing techniques, also with adjoining research groups;
- You have a good publication record;
- You are able to attract research funding;
- You have excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch;
- You are available on short notice to optimally prepare for teaching activities.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact prof.dr.ir. Gert-willem Römer by sending an email to g.r.b.e.romerutwente.nl or check the websites:
Applications, including a CV, a statement of your vision on research, education and collaboration, and contact information for 2 or more references, should be uploaded through the link below before February 1st 2019. A selection assessment can be part of the procedure.
You will be appointed for a period of 2 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university and the department of MS3 offers a very stimulating scientific environment with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.173- to € 4.852,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature