Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Associate Professor in Interaction Design (0.8 - 1.0 fte)
Within the department of Design, Production and Management, the Human Centred Design and Interaction Design groups focus on studying human experience, the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
Within the department of Design, Production and Management, the Human Centred Design and Interaction Design groups focus on studying human experience, the relation between people and (interactive) products and on developing tools that can facilitate development of products and services that meet the needs and wishes of all stakeholders. We use human centered design approaches and focus on how to design products and systems that people can understand and appreciate in a context where technological advancements fade the boundaries between hardware and software, device and users. A cross-disciplinary approach is essential in our teams and projects.
We are currently offering a position for a senior researcher in the Interaction Design group with a close link to the Human Centred Design group. This position is meant to strengthen competences of the Department of Design, Production and Management in the broad field of product, service, and interaction design as well as stipulate multidisciplinary projects with other research groups of the University of Twente and beyond. As part of our team, the associate professor will live up to the university’s positioning of “High Tech, Human Touch”. We are looking for an inspiring academic who would like to strengthen the quality of our research and education standards and can represent the groups both in national and international design research communities.
You are expected to contribute to and take responsibility for research and teaching development in the following ways:
- You work as an independent researcher who can identify academic questions related to Human Centered Design, Participatory Design, Interaction Design and User Experience.
- You are able to bridge between academic research results and practice of personalized healthcare, resilient societies or other fields that are relevant to the key themes of the University.
- You have a proven track record of publishing research results in high quality international refereed journals.
- You can build relevant and necessary networks to attract external funding (national science foundation, EU and industry) and have a proven track record of attracting funding.
- You have a consistent record in teaching and in developing new courses in the area of human centered design and/or interaction design / human computer interaction.
The total teaching load will be about 40%. We require a formal qualification for teaching at universities (University Teaching Qualification, UTQ or equivalent).
- You hold a PhD in industrial design, user experience, interaction design, human computer interaction or another field relevant to the position;
- You are an experienced teacher in higher education with proven ability to shape, teach and coordinate courses and align them to different study programmes;
- You are a passionate academic with experience in design research and a strong publication record;
- You are able to build great relationships with co-workers and practice and operate at the crossroads of disciplines;
- You have good mentoring skills to supervise BSc, Msc, PDEng and PhD projects;
- You have excellent communication skills.
Information and application
You can submit your application (including CV, list of publications, and names of potential references) before October 15th. For more information you can contact dr. Geke Ludden (email@example.com) or Prof.dr. Mascha van der Voort (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We offer a very challenging position (0.8 - 1.0 fte) in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. The University of Twente’s Designlab offers an ideal environment to initiate and execute multidisciplinary creative projects. You will initially be employed for a period of 2 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities.
- Gross monthly salary is between € 5039,- and € 6738,- depending on your experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.