Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Full Professor Thin Film Physics and XUV Optics (m/f; fulltime)
Thin film physics is spectacularly driving the development of optics for the short, XUV wavelength range. The understanding and control of atomic-scale, thin …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5582 - € 8127 per maand
Thin film physics is spectacularly driving the development of optics for the short, XUV wavelength range. The understanding and control of atomic-scale, thin film processes has delivered multilayered Bragg structures, acting as XUV reflectors. These have enabled innovations like the fine-printing of nanoscale chip features for semiconductor processes, and X-ray metrology equipment for high-sensitivity materials analysis.
The University of Twente now offers a full professor position to exploit the underlaying materials science of these optics further, in order to manipulate short-wavelength light for a variety of new applications. Opportunities range from multilayered optics engineered with atomic precision to show record-high reflectivity, to highly transparent, nanoscale-thin membranes robust enough to withstand high power. The key challenge is to develop the missing physics understanding for the new thin film optics: atomically thin, complex layered materials systems should satisfy optics laws in the XUV range.
The XUV Optics group at the University of Twente holds a strong track record in the physical understanding of ultra-thin single and multilayer systems, with an exceptional infrastructure of thin film synthesis and analysis instrumentation. The group is linked to development programmes of relevant high-tech industry and three of the world’s leading industrial players in these fields are supporting the XUV group: ASML on the development of the latest generation of high-resolution lithography equipment, Carl Zeiss SMT on the ultimate optics for this, and Malvern Panalytical on state-of-the-art X-ray metrology.
- You are a leading, international expert with an acknowledged track record of independent, original research on the physics and chemistry of thin films, multilayers for short-wavelength optics, and/or plasma- and photo-chemistry at these optics;
- You are able to inspire and motivate others, with a proven leadership in running a mixed group of scientific researchers, technical engineers, and pre- and post-graduate students;
- You have a track record of collaboration with industrial parties and governmental institutions, exploiting a network of academic and industrial contacts, and a demonstrated capacity to raise research funds through national and international schemes of public and private nature;
- You have the ambition to pro-actively participate in educational tasks and university lecture series involving a university teaching qualification, and have effective communication and presentation skills; predominantly in English. Willingness to master Dutch is appreciated;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- your research and teaching statements
- names of two references
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be appointed in a permanent position with terms of employment in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) including:
- A starting salary from €5582 to €8127 gross per month, according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, your salary will be based on relevant work experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programmes;
- A solid pension scheme.