Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Fulltime lecturer in Clinical Scientific Research
Do you have passion for teaching and guiding young students? The University of Twente (UT) is looking for an enthusiastic fulltime lecturer in Clinical …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4978 per maand
Do you have passion for teaching and guiding young students? The University of Twente (UT) is looking for an enthusiastic fulltime lecturer in Clinical Scientific Research.
- You will be able to teach medical statistics and epidemiology in several educational Health Programmes.
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students may be part of the job.
All bachelor programmes the UT use the TOM educational model, see www.utwente.nl/en/education/about-our-education
- You are a standout colleague with excellent communication skills;
- You have a PhD degree or similar in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Biomedical Sciences, Health Sciences or related areas;
- You have some experience in teaching;
- You have excellent knowledge in basic medical statistics (univariate and multivariate analyses) and epidemiology;
- You have a good provision of the Dutch language and also the English language as most programmes at the UT are English taught;
- As a teacher, your prime interest is in improving the learning experience of the students and you have an open mind towards modern views on teaching and learning;
- To facilitate the professional development and quality of teaching, you are required to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within two years. We expect that you will shape your professional development as a lecturer;
- You might be a recent graduate, a high school teacher with first degree teaching qualification or a researcher who wants to gain experience in teaching;
- You have affinity with scientific research into innovations in healthcare;
- You can use software packages such as R, SPSS, and Excel.
Are you who we are looking for?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Interviews are scheduled February 26, 2019. Applications may be submitted online until February 20, 2019.
Your application should include:
- A motivation letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A list of publications if applicable;
- Your teaching statement and names of two references;
- Email and telephone contact information of at least two referees (please notify them in advance that they might be contacted).
For more information, please contact C.J.M. Doggen (+31 534893687 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We offer you a fulltime position for two years in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment;
- You will have passionate colleagues both in teaching and support;
- If you have a strong record in research, then a small portion of the position devoted to research is negotiable;
- Your starting salary is minimum € 2.709 and maximum € 4.978 gross per month, based on your previous work experience;