1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position in Assembly integrated additive manufacturing of soft robots
Are you fascinated to work in a curiosity driven field of research and on futuristic robotics technologies? The department of Biomechanical Engineering of the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Are you fascinated to work in a curiosity driven field of research and on futuristic robotics technologies?
The department of Biomechanical Engineering of the University of Twente is looking for a PhD candidate who will work on the design and manufacturing technologies of soft robots. The emerging field of soft robotics has proven a phenomenal potential for applications in which safety in interaction with user and environment are fundamental requirements. However preparing the soft robots for real working scenarios, still requires deep researches on different aspects such as fundamental components (e.g. efficient actuators and sensors) and accurate fabrication techniques (that can address the complexity of these generally bio inspired robotic systems).
In the context of the advertised PhD position we will develop reliable techniques for additive manufacturing of highly elastic, multi-material and multi-functional soft robotic structures. By our additive manufacturing approach, we will be capable to directly fabricate and integrate fundamental components such as actuators and sensors inside the robot body.
Exploiting the rich history of our department in Biomedical and Rehabilitation robotics research and highly collaborative altitude of our group we will target these areas of expertise, where we can demonstrate the human-assistive and helpful applications of our soft robotics developed technologies.
- You are a highly motivated young scientist with a master degree in one of the following fields of engineering; mechanical; manufacturing and production; material science; mechatronics; or in a closely related discipline.
- Since the work will be mostly experimental, experience in the laboratory in any level is appreciated; but experience in additive manufacturing, soft robotic technologies, micro fabrication, mechanisms and robotic systems, and material processing techniques will be considered as an advantage.
- You have strong communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English.
- You are able to work independently, and have excellent theoretical and experimental skills.
- Team-working skills are expected from the candidate due to the multidisciplinary and collaborative approach of the project.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application (maximum of 3 documents) before December 8, 2019 via the "apply now" button and include:
- A video (2-minute max) describing your scientific interests and why you want to apply for this position. Please, include a web link for video direct download in your CV document.
- A cover letter (1-page max) specifying how your experience and skills match the position.
- A detailed CV including, nationality, date of birth, English proficiency level, experience overview, publication list (if any), examples of developed (soft) robotic projects (if any), copies of relevant publications (if any), and video download link.
- Transcripts from your BSc and MSc degrees.
- Contact information for at least two academic references. A support letter will be requested only if your application is considered.
Please note: you are required to fill in an additional questionnaire before we can process your application, via this link: Questionnaire
If you fulfill the requirements, you will be invited to a (skype) interview. A Game-Based assessment will be also part of the selection procedure.
We offer an interesting temporary research position in a dynamic and international environment, combining the benefits of academic research with a topic of high societal relevance. The UT offers excellent working conditions, an exciting scientific environment and a green and lively campus with lots of sports facilities and an international scientific community.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime PhD position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be enrolled in Twente Graduate School; and will follow a high-quality personalized educational program.
- You will have a full status as an employee at the UT, including pension and health care benefits.
- Your salary will range from EUR 2.325,- (1st year) to EUR 2.972,- (4th year) per month, plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%).
- You can make use of excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- You will receive good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labor agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.