Project descriptionThe researcher will carry out research on Buddhist scriptures. This is part of the ERC-funded project, “The Composition of Buddhist …
PhD position in Wearable Robotics: Human balance control in challenging conditions – from experimental investigation to development and evaluation of human-inspired balance controllers
Are you fascinated by how humans maintain their balance in various demanding conditions? Are you passionate about exoskeletons and their potential to improve …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
Are you fascinated by how humans maintain their balance in various demanding conditions? Are you passionate about exoskeletons and their potential to improve the mobility of persons with a neurological or musculoskeletal disease?
The department of Biomechanical Engineering of the University of Twente is looking for a PhD candidate who will investigate how we as humans maintain our balance when walking in challenging environments. The goal is to use the gained knowledge and insight in the development and implementation of human-inspired balance controllers in wearable robots to physically augmenting humans. You will perform experimental studies, model simulations and validation, and you will design and evaluate controllers for exoskeletons and similar devices.
Your research is part of a large national research program on Wearable Robotics which will start in the mid of 2018. This program aims to develop new key-enabling technologies for wearable robotics and will develop wearable robots to augment, support or supplement human physical capabilities with applications in healthcare and industry.
This research will be done in het department of biomechanical engineering, and will make extensive use of the wearable robotics lab.
This position is suited for you if:
- you are a highly motivated young scientist with a background and master in engineering (i.e. mechanical, biomedical, or electrical), physics, human movement sciences or related field,
- you are an outstanding teammate who enjoys collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team,
- you possess excellent skills and practical experience in one or more of the following research areas: biomechanics, system dynamics and control or neuroscience,
- you have excellent writing and communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
Applications should include the following documents.
- A cover letter carefully describing your research interests/goals and why you want to apply for this position;
- A detailed CV with a publication list and including contact information for at least two academic references;
- Transcripts from your Bachelors and/or Masters degrees;
- A link to your personal website or multimedia portfolio highlighting your work is encouraged.
For more information on the open position you can contact Prof. H. van der Kooij, mail: email@example.com, phone: +31 53 4894779 or Dr. Edwin van Asseldonk, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31 53 4892446.
You can upload the above mentioned documents (maximum of 3 documents) through the application button below before June 1st.
We offer a very challenging fulltime position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment, i.e. the new established Wearable Robotics lab, with world-class research facilities.
- We offer you a full time four-year position with a one-year probation period;
- You will be enrolled in Twente Graduate School;
- The gross monthly salary starts with € 2222,- in the first year and increases to € 2840,- in the fourth year of your employment;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A proven pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature