Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doc position FET-based sensor fabrication and characterization
Proteomics for precision or personalised medicine applications requires the development of an effective screening instrument capable of detecting proteins at …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3255 per maand
Proteomics for precision or personalised medicine applications requires the development of an effective screening instrument capable of detecting proteins at low concentrations. The ElectroMed project's objective is to build and validate a proof-of-concept prototype of a programmable high-throughput peptide microarray. It is based on integrating electrochemical synthesis of peptide bioreceptors with nano-functionalised FinFET sensors for high-performance data acquisition within a microfluidic-driven multiplexed platform for parallel screening.
The ElectroMed project is carried out by several European partners each with their own responsibility and work package. One of the tasks is the development of a label-free (Fin)FET sensor. The design and simulations of this sensor are carried out together with one of the project partners.
It is your job to fabricate and characterize the FinFET sensor. You may start by fabricating and testing junctionless 2D FET sensors. Their characteristics can possibly be improved by modifying the gate oxide with nanorods. Additionally, after validation, you will develop multiplexing of the (Fin)FETs and subsequently fabricate the multiplexed sensor chips resulting in a prototype to be validated in laboratory-relevant conditions.
- You are a motivated and enthusiastic researcher;
- You have a PhD degree in the field of electrical engineering, nanotechnology, material science, physics or related fields;
- You can start working in this project ultimately May, 2020.
- You have experience in cleanroom technology and microfabrication;
- You have affinity with sensor-related work;
- You are motivated to work independently in an interdisciplinary environment and together with European project partners;
- You are fluent in English and able to collaborate with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
An interview with a scientific presentation will be part of the interview process. For more information please contact Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wouter Olthuis (email@example.com), BIOS Lab on a Chip group, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Twente, (www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/bios/).
Deadline for applications is December, 20th, 2019. Please use the link below to apply.
You will be appointed for two years (with a possibility of an extension of one year) within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU);
- You will receive a monthly gross salary starting from € 3255, depending on your work experience;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth;
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.