Postdoc position on “Free-Form Scattering Optics” (Theory)
The research program “Free-form Scattering Optics” (FFSO) enables high-tech optical devices that contribute to energy efficacy, climate change, internet-of- …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3353 - € 4402 per maand
The research program “Free-form Scattering Optics” (FFSO) enables high-tech optical devices that contribute to energy efficacy, climate change, internet-of-things, food and water quality and quantity, and security, to render the worldwide urbanization sustainable. Currently, high-tech industry is developing many novel devices that combine light scattering with free-formed optics, such as LED lighting, miniaturize satellites, and metrology equipment for semiconductor industry. Due to a lack of fundamental know-how on the combination of the technologies, devices are designed by educated guesses, which limits progress and applications. Our program unites traditionally distinct technologies with a hierarchy of length scales ranging from the microscopic to the macroscopic. We develop insights, design rules, and new architectures for free-form scattering optics to allow breakthroughs in domains described above. The FFSO program is a close collaboration of the TUs of Twente, Eindhoven, and Delft. FFSO directly taps into the strengths of collaborating high-tech industry (ASML, Demcon, Lumileds, Schott, Signify, TNO) and educates a new generation of highly skilled professionals.
Project, supervisors, embedding team
We have initiated novel research on mutual transparency (see EPL 130, 34002 (2020)) and related topics with many exciting prospects. You will be part of the Complex Photonic Systems (COPS) chair in the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechology (https://nano-cops.com), supervised by profs. Willem Vos and Ad Lagendijk.
We look for a candidate who has been trained as a physicist or engineer. Expertise in optics is essential and know-how of light scattering is a bonus. The candidate will contribute theoretical and numerical skills to a team of mostly experimentalists. Candidates are proficient in English, are good communicators and team players, and enjoy interdisciplinary collaborations with scientists from high-tech industry.
- Excellent and dynamic environment for researchers within our research institute MESA+ (www.utwente.nl/mesa), an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure;
- You will be appointed for max. 2 years as a postdoc researcher.
Terms of employment in accordance with Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), include:
- Gross salary: ranging from € 3.353,- to € 4.402,- per month, depending on your background, relevant experience and qualifications, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus (effectively corresponds to 14 months’ salary per annum);
- A pension scheme that is part of the world-famous Dutch pension system.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature