The department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands has open positions for PhD-Teaching Assistants (5…
Postdoctoral researcher position Scalable and defect-free silicon spin qubits
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out a project on silicon quantum dots, an exciting research field that attracts an ever-increasing amount of attention worldwide and forms a ...
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3111 - € 4084 per maand
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out a project on silicon quantum dots, an exciting research field that attracts an ever-increasing amount of attention worldwide and forms a main research theme within the NanoElectronics group (NE, www.nano-electronics.nl). NE focuses in particular on the intersects and overlapping areas of quantum electronics, spin electronics (spintronics) and hybrid inorganic-organic electronics. The silicon quantum electronics team aims at controlling the spin states of individual electrons in silicon quantum dots.
Are you up for the challenge to help us reach a new era for quantum devices?
As a post-doc researcher in this project:
- You are a great team player in a team working on quantum dots in different types of silicon nanostructures. You will have a senior role and can be involved in projects of several team members;
- Your ultimate goal is realizing silicon single-electron spin quantum bits as building blocks for future solid-state quantum computers;
- You will fabricate state-of-the-art silicon quantum electronics devices, and measure those at (milli)Kelvin temperatures to study quantum dots and defects via electron transport experiments;
- You will collaborate with TU Delft; all knowledge will be shared by regular meetings and visits with all involved scientists.
- You have a PhD in (applied) physics, nanotechnology, electrical engineering or a related topic;
- You have cleanroom nano fabrication skills and ideally have experience with low-temperature electron transport measurement;
- You have excellent experimental and theoretical skills;
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment;
- You are fluent in English.
Information and application
Applications should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. ir. F. A. Zwanenburg (email@example.com).
The start of the project is as soon as possible.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for at least one year, with possible extension, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Starting salary will be minimum € 3.111 gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 41 holidays in case of full-time employment
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.