Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor in Media, Arts & Society (1.0 FTE)
We are specifically interested in candidates contributing to trans- and interdisciplinary research agendas around participatory practices and civic engagement.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Media and Culture Studies invites applications for two Assistant Professorships in Media, Arts & Society, starting January 1, 2022 (earlier is negotiable).
The successful applicant will teach in the Dutch and English-language BA programme Media en Cultuur/Media and Culture, and the MA programme Arts & Society and RMA Media, Art & Performance Studies of the Department of Media and Culture Studies.
The appointment includes 30 percent research time. We expect the candidate to actively contribute to the research agenda of Media and Culture Studies and participate in research collaboration within the department and beyond.
For this position we are looking for candidates who contribute to research into the role of media, art and technology in contemporary culture, questions about the impact of the algorithmic turn on various cultural, artistic and social practices, and forms of knowledge production, and into the role of the humanities in responding to contemporary cultural transformations and societal challenges. We are specifically interested in candidates contributing to trans- and interdisciplinary research agendas around participatory practices and civic engagement, and/or critical perspectives for fostering diversity and justice in our mediatized society.
As a candidate you are committed to furthering new and innovative developments in academic research and teaching, and to participating in interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships within and beyond the university. You meet the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD in the humanities with a research focus on media studies, media and performance studies, cultural analysis, or adjacent fields.
- You have relevant experience teaching BA and MA levels (i.e. on subjects of media history and theory, art and media curation, media art and design, urban media art, interactive media, participatory practices).
- You have experience in supervising individual thesis projects on BA and MA level.
- You are interested in interdisciplinary research and education.
- You are an active and ambitious Researcher with output that reflects this.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition in outreach, interprofessional collaboration, and challenge-driven education or research.
- You are a strong team worker and capable of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- You have experience in university administration, in particular with regard to a teaching or research programme (desirable).
- You have excellent organisational experience and skills.
- You have acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or are willing to acquire this within the first two years.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, preferably approaching near-native standard; if you do not have a native command of Dutch you are expected to obtain B2-level (CEFR) spoken and written Dutch within two years of the appointment.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of two years with the intention of converting it into a permanent contract after a positive assessment. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,826 (scale 11-12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.