Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor in Theoretical Philosophy (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for an Assistant Professor in Theoretical Philosophy. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
The Department for Philosophy and Religious Studies at Utrecht University is looking for an Assistant Professor in the field of Theoretical Philosophy, with a research focus on philosophical logic or formal epistemology and a broad teaching competence in Theoretical Philosophy. This position includes both teaching (70%) and research in this field (30%). The position is part of the group for Theoretical Philosophy within the Department. Together with Linguistics, Experimental Psychology and Information and Computer Sciences the group is responsible for teaching in Artificial Intelligence. Together with the group for History of Philosophy and the Ethics Institute, this group is responsible for the Department’s research and teaching in Philosophy.
The group for Theoretical Philosophy has research foci in foundations of mathematics, mathematical logic, logic for AI, philosophy of AI, metaphilosophy, philosophy of science, metaphysics, philosophy of mind and in philosophy of language.
We are looking for a colleague who can substantially contribute to research and teaching in the field of philosophical logic and/or formal epistemology. In research, the specific research accentuation will depend on the candidate’s expertise. Close cooperation with the strategic themes and/or focus areas of Utrecht University is desired, as well as cooperation with the other groups within the department.
As regards teaching, the Assistant Professor will teach on both BA- and MA-level, contribute to interdisciplinary teaching activities, supervise theses and is available for administrative tasks concerning teaching, such as the development of teaching curricula or participation in the relevant committees. The candidate is in particular expected to contribute to the group’s teaching in logic, epistemology and philosophy of language. The candidate is also expected to be available for other administrative tasks in the Department and/or Faculty.
We expect the candidate to:
- have finished your PhD in Philosophy;
- have a strong international track record in research in the field of philosophical logic or formal epistemology, as documented by publications in international journals and/or with important publishers in the field;
- have proven your ability to perform innovative research on a high level and are willing and able to compete for national and international research grants;
- are an inspiring and experienced teacher who can develop and teach courses on both BA- and MA-level in a wide range of topics in Theoretical Philosophy, as documented by a strong track record in teaching;
- have a Basic Teaching Certificate (basiskwalificatie onderwijs (BKO)) or equivalent, or the willingness to acquire it (within two years after the initial appointment);
- have the ability to play an appropriate role in departmental management and to contribute fully to the academic life of the Department;
- are able and willing to teach in Dutch and in English (we expect foreign candidates to master the Dutch language within two years).
We offer a position starting with the intended date of August 1st 2018. The position is full-time and becomes permanent after a positive evaluation after a probationary period of two years, by which time the candidate is expected to be able to teach in Dutch and will have obtained the BKO. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,588 and €4,757 (scale 10/11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.