1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lab Technician Proteomics (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Science at Utrecht University is looking for a Lab Technician Proteomics. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2204 - € 2975 per maand
In the Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics group of Utrecht University, you will work in a great and inspiring research environment with professional colleagues active in various fields of analytical and biochemical oriented research.
You will assist in small research projects, with the MS-based proteomics workflows consisting of sample preparation, clean up, sequencing, characterization and quantitation of peptides and proteins. You will support the proteomics research by maintaining analytical equipment such as the HPLC (RP, SEC, IEX, HpH), pipettes, centrifuges, etc. Furthermore, you will maintain the stock of consumables and materials and where needed assist in testing and improving the used setup. In addition, you might partly support in cell culturing methods, cell line development, transfections and/or transductions of cells and associated techniques and maintenance of equipment related to cell culturing.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Science (hbo) education in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or a similar field;
- good interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and work well with other employees;
- the ability to follow instructions and take direction;
- skills in using standard productivity software such as Microsoft Office and software to control analytical instrumentation;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in mass spectrometric techniques like LC-MS/MS and proteomics is a plus;
- experience with analytical and biochemical methods such as liquid chromatography based fractionation of peptides and proteins is a plus;
- a background in mammalian cell culture including suspension cell lines, transfections and transductions is a plus;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
- a hands-on and flexible work attitude, are a self-starter but also a team player, are open minded and creative and last but not least: you are driven by knowledge and results through your passion and enthusiasm.
The candidate is offered a full-time position for one year, with the intention to extend for a longer period. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,204 and €2,975 (scale 7 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model).
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from dr. A.F.M. Altelaar via firstname.lastname@example.org.