Als studieadviseur speel je een belangrijke rol bij de individuele begeleiding van studenten, adviseer je hen bij de invulling van het studieprogramma, …
Lecturer Experimental Psychology (0.6 – 1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Lecturer Experimental Psychology. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
The Department of Experimental Psychology is looking for a Lecturer in Experimental Psychology. The position involves 100% teaching activities.
The Department of Experimental Psychology provides teaching in four Bachelor’s degree programmes (Psychology, Science at University College Utrecht, Cognitive Artificial Intelligence and Economy and Business), two one-year Master’s degree programmes (Neuropsychology and Applied Cognitive Psychology) and two two-year Master’s degree programmes (Neuroscience and Cognition and Artificial Intelligence), the Helmholtz PhD programme (Cognition and Behaviour) and two post-graduate programmes (GZ and Clinical Neuropsychology).
The Department’s research is organized into three main domains: Perception, Attention and Memory and Emotional and Social Behaviour, combining fundamental, applied, and clinical approaches. A variety of methods is employed, including neuroimaging, psychophysics, computational modelling, movement tracking, psychopharmacology, psychoneuroendocrinology and clinical and cognitive neuropsychology.
The core tasks of the Lecturer in Experimental Psychology will be to contribute to the (development of) teaching in one or more of the above mentioned Bachelor’s degree and the Master’s degree programmes, especially with reference to (applied) cognitive psychology, cognitive neuroscience and experimental and psychophysiological measurement skills. This teaching load requires a candidate who has a PhD degree (affinity with research is recommended).
We are looking for someone who:
- holds a PhD degree in the field of Cognitive Neuroscience, Experimental or Cognitive Psychology or a similar field;
- has an affinity with teaching, along with proven and excellent teaching skills;
- has experience in co-developing and co-coordinating academic courses;
- is able to provide inspiring lectures, has an eye for the modernization of teaching methods, and can apply his/her own research expertise to teaching, as evidenced by positive teaching assessments;
- holds a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or is willing to acquire this qualification in the near future;
- is fluent in English;
- has experience in programming, preferably in Python and/or Matlab, or is prepared to familiarize themselves with these programming languages;
- is effective and efficient, able to work within a team and think conceptually.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWe offer a temporary position (0.6 - 1.0 FTE) for one year. Upon a positive performance the appointment could be followed by a period of three years (maximum). The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,475 and €4,757 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from dr. Chris Paffen, via +31 30 253 38 24 or via C.L.E.Paffen@uu.nl.