PhD position 'A bitter pill? How the use of oral contraceptives can lead to increased mood and anxiety disorders' (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a PhD candidate on the project 'A bitter pill? How the use of oral contraceptives can lead to increased mood and anxiety disorders'. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD candidate in the exciting project 'A bitter pill? How the use of oral contraceptives can lead to increased mood and anxiety disorders' you will be working at the Departments of Experimental and Clinical Psychology. You will conduct complex longitudinal data-analysis on already existing data, while setting up experimental studies that are focused on emotion regulation and stress resilience in first-time oral contraceptive users. The PhD candidate can be embedded in a postgraduate school: The Helmholtz Research School and the Experimental PsychoPathology Research School. By doing so, the candidate will have a stimulating environment in which he/she can learn from peers and an extensive network of international researchers. Read more about the project here (.pdf).
- Conducting the research (literature research, recruiting schools, collecting and analyzing data, reporting the results), resulting in international scientific publications and a dissertation.
- Assist in data collection.
- Present results at national and international scientific conferences.
- Teaching (max. 10%).
- Active participation in the research group of the project and of the Department.
- Affinity with communication of findings to a broader audience (general practitioners, media, users).
- Ambition to collaborate with (inter)national partners and to pay visits to these partners.
We are looking for someone who:
- holds (or nearly holds) a Master’s degree in Neuroscience, Clinical Psychology or Experimental/Biological Psychology or a related field;
- preferably has affinity with neuroendocrinology, psychophysiology (EEG,EMG) and/or anxiety and mood disorders;
- has good social skills;
- is effective and efficient, and able to think conceptually;
- is able to meet deadlines, and conduct research independently and as part of a team;
- has good communication skills (written and oral) in Dutch and English and exceptional statistical skills.
ConditionsWe offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for one year, starting preferably October 1, 2019. Upon a positive performance, the appointment will be extended for three further years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,325 and €2,972 (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at our website: Working at Utrecht University.
Please submit your application before 16 September 2019. For information about the position please contact Estrella Montoya (firstname.lastname@example.org).