Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
PhD position on material religion in Africa (4 years, 1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Humanities is looking for a PhD position, to work on material religion in Africa. Are you interested? Then please read the profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
The Religious Matters in an Entangled World Program (chaired by Prof. Birgit Meyer) studies religion from a material and corporeal angle, with special emphasis on tensions and conflicts around images, buildings, objects, food, bodies and texts in religiously plural societies in Europe and Africa. The PhD candidate will conduct research on a phenomenon of his/her own choice, within the broader framework as developed by the programme. Additional information can be found here.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Master’s degree in religious studies, anthropology, history or African Studies by the time of appointment;
- the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with good organizational and communication skills;
- creativity and is innovative in her/his work;
- proficiency in spoken and written English.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for a period of 18 months. Upon a good performance and positive evaluation, the contract will be extended for the remaining period of 30 months (4 years in total). The gross salary ranges between €2,395 in the first year and €3,061 in the fourth year (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.