1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Postdoctoral Researcher on psychosocial development during school transitions in adolescence (0.8 FTE, 3 years)
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Postdoc on psychosocial development during school transitions in adolescence. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 32 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The Department of Education and Pedagogical Science, division Youth and Family, has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Researcher on the project Development of Adolescent Identity and Autonomy during Transitional Periods: Putting the Individual Back into Development (INTRANSITION). The INTRANSITION project has been funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant. You will be part of a larger project team, containing the principle investigator, three PhD candidates, two Postdocs and a number of Student Assistants. You will potentially be involved in the supervision of PhD candidates.
The INTRANSITION project examines how identity and autonomy are formed in daily interactions with parents and friends, during important school transitions from childhood to adolescence and from adolescence to emerging adulthood. Identity develops through interactions with parents and friends and is important for adolescents’ relational functioning and societal participation. The project will examine intra-individual (or within-person, as opposed to inter-individual or between-person) processes of change in identity and autonomy. Adolescents will be followed longitudinally during important transitional periods: a cohort that transitions from elementary to secondary education and a cohort that transition from secondary to tertiary education. Data will be collected using a combination of experience sampling, observations of interactions with parents and friends, and questionnaire data.
The Postdoc will specifically focus on the role of interactions with parents and friends in intra-individual development of identity and autonomy. Using longitudinal questionnaire and observational measures of parent-child and peer relationship quality, the Postdoc will examine how interaction patterns are related to a clearer identity and more autonomous behavior, and to better school adjustment. Particular attention will be given to autonomy supportive interactions and emotional flexibility during interactions.
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
• a PhD in Pedagogics, Developmental Psychology, or a closely related field;
• expertise in and affinity with psychosocial development of adolescents;
• experience with advanced longitudinal data analysis;
• expertise in observational studies;
• ability to initiate, develop, and deliver high quality research;
• fluency in English and good writing skills, reflected in published articles in leading peer-reviewed international citation indexed journals in the field;
• ability or potential to generate external research funding;
• excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• fluency in Dutch, to be able to assist in the coordination of the data collection and coding of observations.