Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Tenure Track Assistant Professor position on Innovative Biomaterials (1.0 FTE)
As a tenure track candidate you will develop a research programme in the field of innovative biomaterials for biomedical applications in regenerative medicine.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
Regenerative medicine (RM) is a rapidly evolving field aimed at restoring the integrity and functionality of damaged tissues. In order to regenerate these tissues, a multidisciplinary approach is required using knowledge from biological, chemical and physical aspects of the complicated organization of natural tissues. Biomaterials, engineering techniques and (stem) cells are essential components to create regenerative scaffolds. The specific design of engineered scaffolds plays an important role in the function of encapsulated or seeded cells. Mechanical properties, adhesion sites and shapes of scaffolds determine their success for engineering artificial tissues and organs. Molecular interactions between synthetic or natural polymers should be designed such that the final scaffolds meet the requirements to obtain optimal cell performance and tissue formation. Besides scaffold design, controlled delivery of active compounds that e.g. promote regeneration or prevent bacterial growth are gaining interest towards successful clinical applications. Finally, biocompatibility and clinical feasibility of implantation should be considered early in the overall design process, in dialogue with clinical and biomedical partners in the regenerative research field.
We would like for you to bring a thorough knowledge of polymer science and experience in the production of biomaterials via different production technologies, which you can apply in your research. The aimed research involves experimental research on the development of novel biomaterials and their ability to support tissue regeneration for which you have access to a broad range of equipment.
Your expertise should complement the already available expertise in the group so that it enables a new research line focusing on the interplay between materials, cells and engineering aspects for materials driven tissue regeneration. In addition, you will be encouraged to setup research collaborations between the department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and relevant research groups at the UMCU /Veterinary Medicine/Hubrecht Institute/Regenerative Medicine Utrecht to strengthen the role of our department within the strategic theme Life Sciences. Besides research (0.7 FTE) you will be actively involved in teaching Pharmacy students (0.3 FTE) both at the bachelor and master level with a focus on (physical) chemistry and pharmaceutical technology. Furthermore, you will take part in the teaching activities within the Graduate School of Life Sciences and within the faculty of Science.
You are an ambitious, positive and collaborative colleague who:
- holds a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position;
- has an outstanding track record and potential in your field of expertise evidenced by publications in high rank journals and by your international reputation;
- conducts research that has potential to attract research funding;
- has the motivation to obtain the University Teaching Qualification and further develop their teaching skills;
- has experience in and is enthusiastic about coaching (BSc, MSc and PhD) students and candidates;
- has excellent communication skills.
Finally, you have a doctorate degree with proven track record in (polymer) chemistry or biomaterials and preferably experience with regenerative medicine applications in a preclinical setting.
- a fulltime tenure track position for 5 years, which will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2,5 years and an end-term evaluation. When evaluations are positive after 5 years, the position becomes permanent;
- a full-time gross salary ranging from € 3746,00 to € 5826,00 in scale 11/12 at the level of Assistant Professor;
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the CAO for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
If you have any questions about this position that you’d like us to answer, please contact Dr. Ir. Tina Vermonden, via T.Vermonden@uu.nl.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.